Canon EOS 1100D

Solved
Hello,

I just got a DSLR camera: Canon 1100D with the lens: EF-S 18-55 III
I would like to know if it's possible to take black and white photos (sepia, etc.), and if so, how?

Thank you, and happy holidays!

8 answers

  1. Hello, you might have already found the answer but just in case:
    - switch to mode M (manual exposure)
    - go to style or image effect (the leftmost box on the 3rd line, for that press Q and then navigate with the arrows)
    - once you’re there, click on "m" (monochrome) and your photos will be in black and white.
    For sepia: once you are in monochrome, press the "disp" key and you will get to a new menu, there go to the tone tab and choose "sepia" or one of the other color filters.
    76
    1. You're welcome! Feel free to ask any other questions you have.
      0
  2. Hello,

    there is a tutorial at this address

    http://www.canon.lu/Support/Consumer_Products/products/cameras/Digital_SLR/EOS_1100D.aspx?faqtcmuri=tcm:41-821716&page=1&type=faq

    Happy holidays
    11
    1. Hello, for me, it is better to avoid applying the "B&W" function directly on the camera, but rather modify it with free software that has a B&W function or where you can make the adjustments yourself as you see fit!
      1
      1. I would like to humbly inform you that I don't remember if this camera can take black and white or sepia photos; however, you have the software Photofiltre that can modify your photos and create black and white and sepia images directly from a color photo.

        Here is a link: http://www.commentcamarche.net/download/telecharger-175-photofiltre

        This software is free.
        0
        1. Yes, I have this software (very good). Thanks anyway :)
          0
          1. You can set black and white directly from the camera, switch to manual mode, go to the menu, second window, image style -> Monochrome. I only know for black and white! There you go! Bye!
            0
            1. super easy.
              Thank you
              0
          2. Thank you, I searched like an idiot for a while.
            0