How to switch to root mode in Linux?
Solved
Here,
I downloaded quite a few programs but to install them I need to switch to root mode and I can't manage to do it...
What should I do?
When I enter the root login, it refuses my password...
Also, I want to recompile my kernel but I can't because it asks for
a second CD, which I don't have. Should I get that?
Thanks in advance to everyone,
I downloaded quite a few programs but to install them I need to switch to root mode and I can't manage to do it...
What should I do?
When I enter the root login, it refuses my password...
Also, I want to recompile my kernel but I can't because it asks for
a second CD, which I don't have. Should I get that?
Thanks in advance to everyone,
4 answers
-
Hello everyone.
To switch to ROOT, do
open a console and type:
sudo -i
And to switch to Super User:
su
password
There you go. Goodbye.
My website:-
-
-
-
@AyoubYes, of course, I work on a virtual machine; it works.
-
-