400 Bad Request Error

Solved
Hello,
Hi, Stirner, I saw your reply to cyprien2. I also have a big problem with my PC. When I try to connect to a website, I get the same message as cyprien2: 400 Bad Request. So I can't browse any site. However, I don’t have a Proxy, and I don’t know what it is. I’ve been trying to fix the problem for 6 days now, and I'm not getting anywhere. If you could help me, it would be very nice of you. Thank you in advance.
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

7 answers

  1. Hi, after fruitless searches, I still managed to solve my problem which was identical (Bad request. Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.) I ended up simply deleting the browsing history of Internet Explorer; To do this, just go to Tools, then Internet Options, in the General tab of the homepage, under Browsing history click on Delete... then click on Delete all and check Delete also the files and settings stored by add-ons.

    Note from Garnbi: For your information, this message usually appears after a major update of the site you regularly visit (with login and password, such as a forum). If you do not wish to delete all of the history, just delete the cookies of the specific site. This will save you the hassle of re-entering most of your passwords from other sites.

    Configuration: Windows XP SP2
    IE 7
    Intel T2400 core duo 1.83 GHz processor, 2 GB of RAM
    154
    1. It works. Thank you very much!
      0
    2. I did exactly as it says and it worked. Yet I'm on Home Vista. You're really a pro, I thank you.
      0
    3. Hello,

      Thank you for your solution regarding "bad request"

      After many back and forths, including with Orange (hotline then expert), I decided to check the forum to see if there was a solution.

      I applied your solution and it works again
      Thanks again!!!!

      JMC
      0
    4. Great, and it works. I'm on Windows Vista. I restarted my computer for it to work. Thank you very much.
      0
    5. Thank you all, indeed by deleting the history it works again.
      8