Password

Solved
Hello everyone

I’m stuck and fed up with all the scams out there.

I bought a used laptop at a flea market, admittedly not expensive.

The laptop works fine, deal closed, but the downside is that once I got home and turned it on, it asks me for a password that I obviously don’t have.

How can I remove this password, please?

Otherwise it’s trash.

Thanks everyone for your help.

The seller seemed nice in appearance, or perhaps it was just a forgetfulness on their part, but it’s impossible to track down that seller.
0

2 answers

  1. Hello,

    Check with the seller.

    Forum CCM - Charter - Finding a password

    Members of CommentCaMarche cannot help you to find or recover a password or forgotten, lost, or unknown user code, i.e. to reveal it in clear text, whether under Windows, Mac, Linux or other operating systems, but they can help you reset it. See further explanations on the differences between "recovering" a password and "resetting" a password.

    No help can be provided to obtain passwords for Excel files, PowerPoint presentations, PDF files, protected folders, encrypted disk images, "software vaults", laptops, tablets, smartphones, digital door codes, or other access systems requiring a password or code.

    Indeed, since your good faith cannot be verified, the responses given for such requests could be used for malicious purposes (hacking or other...). This would amount to aiding hacking and would therefore be contrary to the CommentCaMarche charter!

    Forum CCM - Charter - Finding a password


    0
    1. Moderator

      Hello.

      You should have mentioned which version of Windows it is, since it’s an old PC it must be Windows 10 or earlier.

      The PC isn’t worth discarding for a simple password; on CCM we can’t help you recover the password, but nothing prevents you from reinstalling Windows.

      For example, for Windows 10, create a and .

      You’ll have a clean, fresh version of Windows; if an activation key is required .

      3