Devices to renew
SolvedHello,
My PC tower runs Windows 7, my motherboard supports SATA. My peripherals: monitor, keyboard, mouse are damaged, I will need new ones.
Regardless of the connection ports, I mainly fear they may not be compatible with W7.
What should I look for to ensure compatibility, because I plan to buy them second-hand.
Additionally, I wonder if new peripherals are still compatible with Win7.
Thank you.
2 answers
-
Hello,
A keyboard or a mouse are necessarily compatible if they are USB wired; otherwise it depends on software and drivers on a case-by-case basis. The advantage of buying used is not obvious, you can find each for a maximum of 10-20€.
A monitor only depends on the input format; on not-so-new ones VGA or HDMI remain, to check what is on the PC or otherwise to buy an adapter, not ideal. -
Contributor
Hello
in some large supermarkets you can find a wireless keyboard/mouse set for 20 euros (new with 2-year warranty)
at the moment it’s still the sale period; you can find 22, 23, or 24-inch monitors for under 100 euros
