Unable to install Messenger

Solved

Hello,

On Android, Messenger has stopped working displaying the message, (obsolete)

I uninstalled it and upon reinstallation, I get the following message. (This app does not work on this device)

Samsung tablet SM-T800

Android 6.0.1 up to date.

Thank you for your help


2 answers

  1. Moderator

    Hello,

    The minimum required version for Messenger is Android 5.0. So your tablet should still be compatible. Where does this error message appear?


    1. When I wanted to call a contact. But the Play Store refuses to install it.??

      Thank you for the response to my message. ????

  2. Moderator

    Excuse me, there is a mistake! I just checked again, and indeed Android 5 and 6 are no longer supported by Messenger. The information provided by Facebook is outdated... Messenger now requires Android 7 at a minimum.

    The last compatible version with your tablet is 415.0.0.14.47. You can download it from this link. For installation, you will need to enable unknown sources in Settings > Security.

    You can also use a browser and log in to the Messenger website as a substitute for the app.


    1. Ok. Thank you very much for your help and the link.

      Albert