Anycast Usage
Hello,
I would like to know if a connection to the Internet is necessarily required for using anycast on a mini-projector.
Thank you
2 answers
-
-
Hello,
I suppose this is not Anycast routing in the broad sense but a dongle from the Anycast brand.
And which, once connected, communicates via Wifi: it is therefore necessary for the involved devices to be connected; formally, we do not need an Internet connection, but we do need a Wifi access point in one way or another. -
@brucine
Oh okay,the hdmi thing?
In that case, there's also wifi direct.
But there's no need for the Internet, that's for sure.
-
@brupala
Hello,
It seems to me that, unlike a Chromecast which normally operates through the Box's Wifi, an Anycast itself acts as a Wifi access point, but I don't really understand much about it.
https://19216811.tel/fr/192-168-l-49-1-anycast-configurar/
-
-
Hello,
what do they call anycast?
To me, an anycast address is precisely on the internet, a common address for multiple servers distributed around the world; for example, the root DNS servers are anycast, and the routing system manages to send you to the nearest one, whereas normally regular addresses (unicast) must be unique.
https://www.ionos.fr/digitalguide/serveur/know-how/anycast/
So there, I don't really see the connection to your project, which is all alone.
And there you go, there you have it....
But misery, those line spacing are so annoying!!