Anycast Usage

Hello,

I would like to know if a connection to the Internet is necessarily required for using anycast on a mini-projector.

Thank you


2 answers

  1. Hello,

    what do they call anycast?

    To me, an anycast address is precisely on the internet, a common address for multiple servers distributed around the world; for example, the root DNS servers are anycast, and the routing system manages to send you to the nearest one, whereas normally regular addresses (unicast) must be unique.

    https://www.ionos.fr/digitalguide/serveur/know-how/anycast/

    So there, I don't really see the connection to your project, which is all alone.


    And there you go, there you have it....

    But misery, those line spacing are so annoying!!

    -1
    1. Hello,

      A little reading on Anycast... https://www.ionos.fr/digitalguide/serveur/know-how/anycast/


      0
      1. Hello,

        I suppose this is not Anycast routing in the broad sense but a dongle from the Anycast brand.

        And which, once connected, communicates via Wifi: it is therefore necessary for the involved devices to be connected; formally, we do not need an Internet connection, but we do need a Wifi access point in one way or another.

        0