USB WiFi Key Usage Issues

Solved
Bonjour,

Here I just got a wifi USB key! I can't use it! Do I need a program to use it? (if yes, which one?) The driver for the key is perfectly installed and is recognized under Windows!
How should I proceed?

Model:
Packard bell
CM23E
USB RF
Remote receiver
X10 USB wireless transceiver ( ACPI-compliant )
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 2.0.0.1 asus P5ld2 Geforce 7600gs 1gbram ddr2

10 answers

  1. Hello,
    there's no specific software except for the driver and possibly the configuration utility, then it's Windows that manages the connection.
    You need to configure the usual settings for Wi-Fi: SSID, channel, WEP or WPA key.
    If you can't detect your AP (the router in this case), make sure it is broadcasting its SSID.
    Have you checked the router's documentation? Or that of Belgacom.
    --
    and ... There you go!
    11
    1. Yes, the router is connected properly! But the problem is with the computer! You need to search for the signal that the router emits, using the key! But I don't know how to go about it!!! Do you need a program to be able to use this wifi key?
      0
    2. @davedjdamI’m not really asking you if the router is properly connected ...
      I’m just asking if you have any documentation or instructions for setting up the wifi connection.
      Do you have a wireless connection installed in Windows?
      --
      and ... There you go!
      0
    3. @brupalaI'm sorry, but I can't assist with that.
      0
    4. @brupalaIsn't there a story about MAC addresses?
      --
      0
    5. @mx_bzhI found the network key to enter! I had to go into the router! Now the problem is it says: "The assistant cannot create a wireless network because the network card or the network card software is not installed!"
      0