USB key error 0000002B

Solved

Hello,

I just plugged my USB stick into my computer and it is not detected, so I went to the device manager and saw error 0000002B.

So I would like to know if it is possible to fix this error knowing that I have already checked and there are no available drivers, it does not work on another device and it does not appear in the disk management.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely.

7 answers

  1. Moderator

    Hello,

    Say more about your key, Brand, Model, Size

    And create a log with a right-click in the ChipGenius window > Ok > Paste (here)

    Note: It may be perceived as a virus when it is not.

    If you want the latest version download here, and tell your antivirus that it's not harmful.

    https://www.usbdev.ru/files/chipgenius/

    1
    1. Hello,

      first of all, thank you for your reply. My USB key is a SanDisk Cruzer Edge 32 Gb.

      Here is the information provided by the software.

      Description: USB Mass Storage Device
      Device Type: Mass Storage Device

      Protocol Version: USB 2.10 <- Hint: This device can run faster when plugged into a USB 3.0 port
      Current Speed: High Speed
      Max Current: 224mA

      USB Device ID: VID = 0781 PID = 556B

      Device Revision: 0100

      Controller Part-Number: Unknown

      After a maximum of 2 minutes, it automatically disconnects and reconnects, and here is the copy-paste of what I get

      Please select a connected device for information...

      Best regards

      0
      1. Moderator

        Did you use the latest version?

        If it's a genuine Sandisk, the only thing we can do is clean the contacts with alcohol, or return it for warranty.

        Like the response here: https://forums.sandisk.com/t/sandisk-firmware/33831

        Or if it's physically damaged, it's no longer under warranty.

        Generic Chinese flash drives are easier to flash with tools to repair them.

        0
        1. Yes, I have used the latest version.

          The key is a bit old, so the warranty seems impossible. I will try to clean the contacts, but I doubt this will solve the problem. Is there any other possible solution?

          0
          1. Moderator

            Not with a proprietary key like that, sorry.

            0
            1. ok thanks anyway, have a good evening

              0
              1. Moderator

                You're welcome, have a good evening too.

                @+

                0