Copy and paste on notepad

Solved
Hello,

I have a list of students in Excel with 5 columns (registration_number_name_first_names_class_contacts). How do I paste it directly into Notepad without having to copy them one by one? There are 3000 students.

5 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello

    Isn't the real question: Why do it?
    Because Excel (which version?) allows for various direct exports, understanding the intended purpose can be important for simplifying our lives.
    Notepad wasn't really designed for this type of use.

    Best regards

    --
    "We swallow the lie that flatters us in large gulps and we drink the truth that is bitter to us drop by drop."
    0
    1. Je have a class list with columns and rows in Excel. Can I import exactly the same columns and rows into a table in Notepad? I tried to create a table in Notepad, but I'm tired.
      0
  2. Moderator
    Hello
    Save in csv format, editable in notepad.

    0
    1. Thank you very much.
      0
  3. Hello everyone,
    @choubaka
    I just tried on Notepad++ with a very simple Excel file, just names and addresses.
    It doesn't work or it works poorly; the column formatting is lost.
    What is your method?
    @sylla.junior
    What is the purpose of using Notepad++ in this case?
    Thank you in advance
    0
    1. Moderator
      Unless I'm mistaken, the person is talking about Notepad, not Notepad++. :-) They are two quite different applications, after all.
      0
    2. @madmyke@madmyke
      For my information, where can we find this Notepad software? Is it the Notepad from Windows?
      0
    3. @madmykeI had tried, the result is not great, that's why I went to see Notepad++.
      0
    4. In fact, I want to create a program with Notepad++ that can be used on an Android phone, eventually creating buttons such as "add" and "search" since the list is long, with nearly 3000 students in Excel.
      0
  4. Moderator
    The csv format only allows retrieving data by columns separated by ";"..
    there's no miracle ... we can't do better. notepad or notepad++ do not handle tables.

    --
    Chouba, Moderator / My job is so secret that I don't even know what I'm doing.
    1
    1. @choubaka and Sylla.junior
      Thank you for these clarifications. I understand better now.
      Best regards.
      0
    2. Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know.
      0
  5. Moderator
    Hello,

    To question 2 from sylla.junior2
    can I import exactly the same columns and rows into a table in Notepad?
    the answer is: No.
    Notepad does not support tables.

    You can at least copy a column using copy/paste. But you won't be able to get a neat table with your 5 columns.

    If you want to use a basic editor, use Wordpad (still included with Windows 10).
    You will be able to copy/paste the entire table.

    --
    What is well conceived is clearly stated,
    And the words to say it come easily.
    (Boileau)
    1
    1. Thank you, thank you, it's explained so well, thank you for the clarification.
      0