Connect a passive speaker to an active speaker
-
Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to connect both powered speakers (active) and passive speakers through some kind of controller/amplifier that has both screw terminals (for passive speakers) and XLR inputs (for powered speakers).
For your information, I have a subwoofer that I built myself with a 300W driver, and I would like to buy a pair of powered speakers and connect everything together.
I hope you understand my issue and that you can help me!
Thank you.
I would like to know if it is possible to connect both powered speakers (active) and passive speakers through some kind of controller/amplifier that has both screw terminals (for passive speakers) and XLR inputs (for powered speakers).
For your information, I have a subwoofer that I built myself with a 300W driver, and I would like to buy a pair of powered speakers and connect everything together.
I hope you understand my issue and that you can help me!
Thank you.
1 answer
-
ModeratorHello,
A passive speaker can only be connected to an output of an amplifier
that is compatible with the ohmic value (impedance) of that speaker.
I strongly doubt that active (amplified) speakers have outputs capable of directly driving a loudspeaker.
--
It's very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room.
Especially when it’s not there...-
-
Moderator@AluMinioumeAbsolutely
-