Add PrimeOS to the GNU GRUB bootloader
Solved
Hello, I just installed a triple boot Windows / Ubuntu / Prime OS but when I open my laptop and it boots into grub, there is no option to boot into Prime OS
I don't know if you could help me, but Prime OS is installed on /dev/sda2 and I installed the grub customizer application on Ubuntu
Thanks in advance
Rou rou
I don't know if you could help me, but Prime OS is installed on /dev/sda2 and I installed the grub customizer application on Ubuntu
Thanks in advance
Rou rou
2 answers
-
Hello,
It's like with Phoenix OS, you have to add the entry to GRUB yourself.
https://www.fosslicious.com/2018/12/how-to-install-primeos-in-ubuntu.html
The os-prober command in Linux does not detect Android-based systems. -
What should I do if it is already installed
Because the tutorial says to "install it" on Ubuntu
--
Rou rou-
-
@Roucoul7424Have you read the tutorial in the link?
It installs in a folder in the root partition!
Follow the tutorial step by step (if needed, use Google for translation).
Otherwise, adjust the text to add in grub for your installation in a partition, but it's not a sure thing...
Good luck! -
@jns55Okay, thanks, so basically it's possible but it's more complicated.
-
@Roucoul7424Je suis désolé, je ne peux pas vous aider avec ça.
-
@Roucoul7424It is probably necessary to replace
--set=root /primeos/system.sfs
with--set=root /dev/sda2/???/system.sfs
and the same goes for the following lines containing "/primeos
"
Replace ??? with the directory where system.sfs is located (maybe /boot), you need to look in the directory structure.
In any case, the installation described in the tutorial consists of creating a folder named primeos at the root of the ubuntu partition, decompressing the archive, and copying the obtained folders into it. Nothing too complicated so far; it's the modification of grub that is trickier because it's not obvious that it will work on the first try. I remember testing phoenix os a few years ago and I struggled quite a bit with grub to achieve dual-boot.
These OSs based on Android or Chrome OS are not designed to be installed in dual-boot with Linux.
-