_disk_id.pod

Hello,

I just saw the file _disk_id.pod on one of my new USB drives.
I just ran my Windows Defender antivirus, and it says everything is fine!
I typed it into Google, and I'm being told that this file "_disk_id.pod" could be an iTunes virus...
However, I haven't done anything special, plus I don't use those services, and I just copied a video file from my PC to my drive!
Then I saw this file! Luckily, I haven't clicked on it! But I don't know what it does!
Since I haven't clicked on it, is it enough to just delete it from my drive, please!
Looking at one of my old drives, which is almost full, I see that this file is there too!! I didn't notice it!! Apparently since 2015!! I'm really freaking out!!
Please help me! Thank you!!
Since I haven't clicked on it, can I just delete it from my drive without any risks??
What does this virus actually do?? Thanks for your help!

Configuration: Windows / Firefox 53.0

3 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,

    Delete the file and that's it.

    --
    Please press any key to continue the disinfection...
    1. Thank you, but I don't understand. Some say it's a virus and others say it's an application... what is it exactly?
      Is there any risk of damaging my key by deleting it? Thank you in advance.