_disk_id.pod

Hello,

I just saw the file _disk_id.pod on one of my new USB drives.
I just ran my Windows Defender antivirus, and it says everything is fine!
I typed it into Google, and I'm being told that this file "_disk_id.pod" could be an iTunes virus...
However, I haven't done anything special, plus I don't use those services, and I just copied a video file from my PC to my drive!
Then I saw this file! Luckily, I haven't clicked on it! But I don't know what it does!
Since I haven't clicked on it, is it enough to just delete it from my drive, please!
Looking at one of my old drives, which is almost full, I see that this file is there too!! I didn't notice it!! Apparently since 2015!! I'm really freaking out!!
Please help me! Thank you!!
Since I haven't clicked on it, can I just delete it from my drive without any risks??
What does this virus actually do?? Thanks for your help!

Configuration: Windows / Firefox 53.0

3 answers

  1. apparently it would just be something created by movie maker ... I must have clicked on something without realizing it, I don't know ... I deleted it from both drives!! I saw somewhere that it could be done! plus, I didn't click on it, so I really don't think it's serious ... but still curious about these things!!
    thank you
    0