Enable the DATEDIF function

Solved
Hello,

I have read some of your responses but I cannot activate this feature on Excel 2016. Can you please advise me on simple manipulations to enable it?

Thank you very much.

2 answers

  1. Contributor
    enalro1123, Hello.

    Generally, there is nothing to activate.

    See this direct Microsoft link teaching all about the DATEDIF function.
    https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/office/datedif-fonction-25dba1a4-2812-480b-84dd-8b32a451b35c?omkt=fr-001&ui=fr-fr&rs=fr-001&ad=us

    Is this what you wanted?
    I hope I helped.
    --
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
    Name removed Moderation CCM
    -1
    1. Hello,

      Thank you for your response. However, when I try to enter this function, it is not suggested, so when I press "enter", Excel tells me "Name?".

      I imagine it needs to be activated somewhere...
      0
    2. Contributor
      Hello
      In principle, although not referenced, the function is taken into account
      could you show us here what you are writing that is rejected by Excel
      looking forward to hearing from you

      best regards
      0
    3. Hello,

      Here is my function

      =DATEDIF(C2,TODAY(),"M")

      I entered a birthday date in (C2) and today's date. If I understand correctly, I should start with the least recent date...
      0
    4. Contributor
      Yes, well, that's what I thought :-))
      rather write:

      =DATEDIF(C2;TODAY();"yd")
      for year and day
      which only gives you the number of days in addition to the exact number of years

      or "ym" for year and month
      (same thing, only gives the "additional" months

      y alone gives the complete years
      m alone gives the complete months
      d gives the days

      and don't forget the quotes

      and if you want to express the result in complete years and months:

      =DATEDIF(C2;TODAY();"y")&" year(s) "&DATEDIF(C2;TODAY();"ym")&" month"

      and if it still doesn't work, then there is indeed a problem with your Excel

      best regards
      0
    5. I just tried it. Great, it works!! Thank you very much for your help, it was an essential function in creating my table.

      Have a great end of the evening and weekend.
      0