Pre-fill Excel cells with date format.

Hello,
I've looked everywhere but not finding an answer to my problem, I'm here pleading for your help :p

I actually want to have my cells in a column pre-filled with "__/__/____", and that these characters remain when double-clicking on the cell, so that later the user can enter the date without worrying about the "/", which will be replaced by the numbers entered.

Thank you.

Configuration: Windows / Chrome 56.0.2924.87

3 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello,

    so that later the user can enter the date without worrying about the "/"
    I'm not sure you're making it easier for them.
    What do you do if the user only inputs a single digit for the days or months and leaves your mask?
    Are you going to force users to enter the year in 4 digits when Excel can handle 2?
    For that, you'll need to do some VBA coding and I would be very surprised if that suits everyone.
    --
    Always zen
    Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    1
    1. Contributor
      Very bad idea!
      I advise you instead to insert a comment in these cells.
      That way, when you arrive at the relevant cell, this reminder message will appear...
      It's nice, retirement! Especially in the Caribbean... :-)
      Raymond (INSA, AFPA, CF/R)
      0
      1. Hello,
        thank you for your quick responses.
        I don't want to add any comments; the goal is for the cells to be pre-filled, in the manner of a form that you fill out on the internet, but in Excel.
        After that, it may be that the function doesn't exist; I just want to know if it's possible.
        Thank you in advance :)
        0
        1. Contributor
          No, it would only be possible through VBA, as gbinforme has already told you.
          But I'm repeating myself: it's a very bad idea, which is not suitable at all for an Excel file.
          0