LG TV audio jack input

Hello
I just got a LG 55EG910V TV, and I just realized that there is no 3.5mm jack for headphones. How can I connect headphones? I'm using the Freebox. ...
Thank you for your feedback. Valerie

2 answers

  1. Moderator
    Good evening,
    This TV only has a digital optical output, so there are two solutions:
    -Either buy a wireless headset with a digital optical input, which is rare and often high-end, for example:
    https://www.amazon.fr/Sony-MDR-DS6500-Casque-Num%C3%A9rique-Surround/dp/B004OXXE9I
    But you should be able to find something cheaper.
    -Or use a "DAC" (= Digital to Audio Converter):
    https://www.amazon.fr/PROZOR-Convertisseur-Adaptateur-Analogique-Amplificateurs/dp/B00KNNSKV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484384932&sr=8-1&keywords=casque+optique
    And there, you can use any type of headset, just don’t forget to buy a 220-> USB adapter for power:
    https://www.amazon.fr/Chargeur-Adaptateur-secteur-USB-Universel/dp/B004QH53QE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1484385180&sr=8-2&keywords=prise+220v+usb
    I call a spade a spade *
    *in French in the text
    10
    1. Thank you, Andy, for your response, which will really help me.
      Does the DAC really work for the connection I want to make?
      Valerie
      0
    2. Moderator
      Yes, it's made for that, but since it will have a line output (not amplified, unlike a headphone jack), you will absolutely need a wireless headset that has its own amplification.
      0
    3. @Andy31200I have a Sennheiser RI410 headset, does it have its own amplification?
      0
    4. Moderator
      Of course, since it's wireless and has volume adjustment.
      0
    5. @Andy31200Thank you very much for your answers..... They will be of great help to me☺ Have a good evening and thanks again.
      0