Blocking at startup checking nvram...

Hello, so I retrieved a PC, I connected my hard drive, but when I turn it on, it gets stuck on 'checking nvram...' I removed the BIOS battery and put it back after 10 minutes, but I don't know where this comes from.
If you have a solution, please let me know, have a good evening

Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 44.0

4 answers

  1. Hello...

    According to the message, you seem to have a RAM stick issue.
    Try removing one, then the other, but put them in slot No. 1....

    Best regards,
    @+

    --
    "Who wants to climb a mountain starts from the bottom!"
    Signed: "Gillette" alias "nobody"! ;) (°!°)
    0
    1. I'm going to try this, but I don't think it's the RAM stick because when I remove the hard drive, it doesn't show the message.
      0
  2. We have to proceed step by step and through successive eliminations of the causes of the problem... "checking RAM = memory test".... but there may also be an issue with the hard drive that interferes with the rest.
    Without the hard drive, it starts up fine, obviously saying that it can't find the OS?

    --
    "He who wants to climb a mountain starts from the bottom!"
    Signed: "Gillette" aka "nobody"! ;) (°!°)
    0
    1. Excuse me for taking a little time to respond; I did as you said, but I'm still having the same issue.
      0
  3. Have you installed an operating system on your hard drive, or has it been faulty from the start?
    Do you hear any beeps when you power it on?
    Remove the hard drive and the RAM, it should beep continuously... okay?
    See you later

    --
    "Who wants to climb a mountain starts from the bottom!"
    Signed: "Gillette" aka "nobody"! ;) (°!°)
    0
    1. On the hard drive, there is Windows XP. Yes, there are indeed beeps when I remove the hard drive and the RAM.
      0
  4. Insert only 1 RAM stick in SLOT No. 1 and start... without reconnecting the hard drive.

    --
    "He who wants to climb a mountain starts from the bottom!"
    Signed: "Gillette" a.k.a. "nobody"! ;) (°!°)
    0
    1. Ok, I will do that and I'll let you know the news.
      0