[Excel VBA] Format a cell as text
Solved
Hello,
First of all, thank you for being interested in my little problem (noob problem, it must be said...)
Let me present the facts. I'm desperately trying to format a cell in an Excel sheet to receive string values.
I've gone through quite a few discussions online without success. Moreover, my friend Google seems to be on vacation...
I’ll explain why I need this. I have numbers like: 0000573763.
Unfortunately, if I just drop these numbers into the cell, my "0"s disappear without even saying goodbye...
However, by setting the cells to text format, I can keep my numbers intact. So I thought about writing something like: Cells(row, column).stringFormat = true;
(After all, you can write: cells(row, column).numberFormat= ...)
But obviously it was too good to work...
So that’s my little problem.
Hoping someone will lend me a brain! Thanks in advance :)
First of all, thank you for being interested in my little problem (noob problem, it must be said...)
Let me present the facts. I'm desperately trying to format a cell in an Excel sheet to receive string values.
I've gone through quite a few discussions online without success. Moreover, my friend Google seems to be on vacation...
I’ll explain why I need this. I have numbers like: 0000573763.
Unfortunately, if I just drop these numbers into the cell, my "0"s disappear without even saying goodbye...
However, by setting the cells to text format, I can keep my numbers intact. So I thought about writing something like: Cells(row, column).stringFormat = true;
(After all, you can write: cells(row, column).numberFormat= ...)
But obviously it was too good to work...
So that’s my little problem.
Hoping someone will lend me a brain! Thanks in advance :)
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 2.0.0.5
9 answers
-
Hello,
To maintain the text property of the cell, use:
Cells(row, column).NumberFormat = "@" ' Text Format
Example:
Sub CaptureData() Dim Value As Variant, Data As String Cells(Row, column) = "@" 'Text ' If you do not perform the control Data = Cells(Row, column).Value ' If you perform the control Value = Cells(Row, column).Value Data = CStr(Value) End Sub '
Lupin