Unknown electric symbol (noted CY)

Solved
Hello,
I don't know if I'm in the right category but it's about electronics.
In an old computer power supply, I found a component whose name I couldn't find online.
Its symbol on the circuit board:
It is marked CY next to it. It looks like a thermistor but I don't think that's what it is.

Can you tell me what it is?

3 answers

  1. Hi,

    A thermistor usually looks more like this:



    I would say more like a poorly drawn capacitor. Can you provide the complete diagram?

    --
    "An intelligent person solves a problem. A wise person avoids them."
    - A. Einstein -
    0
    1. Hi,

      Without certainty, given the resemblance of the diagram to a capacitor.
      I would say a class Y filtering capacitor. ("capacitor y" on Google to see examples).
      1
      1. Yes, I've seen photos that look like that.

        I can't give you the entire diagram, but here is a photo of the "Y capacitor."
        I believe the problem is resolved.
        1
        1. Don't forget to set the subject to "Resolved" in that case ;)
          1