Unsupported video codec

Solved
-  
Hello everyone,

I own a SAMSUNG UE40D6300 television.

Here is a link to all the technical specifications: https://www.lcd-compare.com/televiseur-SAMUE40D6300-SAMSUNG-UE40D6300.htm

My television can normally play MP4 files with a resolution of 1920 x 1080.

A friend of mine made some movies with a GOPRO HERO 3 model BLACK.
The video format is indeed MP4 with the resolution supported by my TV.

When I put the movies on a USB stick, plugged directly into the TV, a window opens saying "Unsupported video codec."

I don’t understand.

Thank you in advance for your advice and solutions.

2 answers

  1. mp4, like avi, is a "container," and you can put whatever video and/or audio codec you want in it.

    So you will need to convert your mp4 files using a different codec.
    0
    1. So you advise me to convert the MP4 to AVI?
      0
      1. in AVI or MP4 BUT with other codecs
        For example, using Avidemux (free and in French)
        0
      2. Thank you, I just downloaded Avidemux.
        What is the procedure to change the codec?
        0
      3. What's nice is that there are plenty of tutorials in French for this software!!!
        Just a reminder, the link is on the page (https://avidemux.org/smf/index.php?topic=1730.0;sslRedirect

        Basically, it's all about video (you had to suspect that) and its dropdown list.............
        Same for audio if there are issues.
        0
      4. I have seen a lot of tutorials but none for the latest version which doesn't really look like the one shown in the videos.

        I can't save the modified version. It gives me a .py file that I can't read.
        0
      5. I have 2 versions on 2 different PCs and basically it's the same!
        video encoding choice (or copy), audio encoding choice (or copy), output format, and file => save, don't forget to put the name of the modified file AND the extension in the window.
        0