IE security menu grayed out

Hello, so here is my problem:
When I go to Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security, the “Customise” and “Default Level” buttons are greyed out. Similarly when I go to “Trusted sites”, everything is greyed out, and as a result I cannot add a trusted site in Internet Explorer.
Another problem, probably related to the first, is in “Windows Firewall” the option to enable or disable XP firewall is greyed out, so I cannot enable the firewall.
It seems there is something that locks the configuration at this level but I don’t see what it is, nor how to fix it?
If you have already seen these symptoms, let me know, please.
Configuration: Windows XP PRO SP2 Internet Explorer 6.0

12 answers

  1. Hello, verify that you have administrator rights by going to the control panel, user accounts.
    --
    "Love for sword, humor as a shield" Bernard Werber
    0
    1. Yes, of course the manipulation is done as an administrator, the problem doesn’t seem to come from that, I would lean more towards a somewhat twisted group strategy but I can’t find it.
      0
      1. Try it by going through the settings panel
        --
        "Love for sword, humor as shield" Bernard Werber
        0
        1. thank you but it doesn’t work better through the config panel
          0
          1. Hello Julien,

            Are you in a domain where you’re working solo on a single workstation?

            Take a look at this link and see if it can help you; don’t forget to upvote if it works, thanks :)

            http://www.hotline-pc.org/ierestrictions.htm

            Best regards to everyone.
            0
            1. Hi Fyrjhaag, yes I’m on a domain, but it’s grayed out even when I log in as local administrator on the machine.
              I checked the link you gave me and it doesn’t say how to disable the Security menu.
              thanks
              0
              1. Hello in safe mode how does it appear ???
                0
                1. In Safe Mode it is grayed out in the same way
                  0
                  1. Hello, check in the registry if you have this
                    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ SOFTWARE\ Policies\ Microsoft\ Internet Explorer\ Restrictions
                    If yes, delete Restrictions and restart the computer
                    --
                    "Love for the sword, humor as shield" Bernard Werber
                    0
                    1. Okay, thanks for the info
                      --
                      "Love for the sword, humor as a shield" Bernard Werber
                      0
                      1. Hello everyone,

                        Thanks for the link, it could be useful. :)

                        Best regards to all.
                        0