Algobox Christmas Tree Algorithms
Solved
Hello,
I need the algorithm for this program
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/news/nr/debenhams-christmas-tree-formula-1.227810
which first asks for the height of the tree among these 4 heights: 2 meters, 1.8 meters, 1.62 meters, and 1.458 meters, then to choose from the 4 options: electric lights, garlands, star, and ornaments, as we can write in Algobox (so that I can test it).
Thank you in advance, this has been torturing my mind for quite some time!
Good evening!
Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 17.0
I need the algorithm for this program
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/news/nr/debenhams-christmas-tree-formula-1.227810
which first asks for the height of the tree among these 4 heights: 2 meters, 1.8 meters, 1.62 meters, and 1.458 meters, then to choose from the 4 options: electric lights, garlands, star, and ornaments, as we can write in Algobox (so that I can test it).
Thank you in advance, this has been torturing my mind for quite some time!
Good evening!
Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 17.0
2 answers
-
To be more precise, I'm looking to create an algorithm that asks the user for the height of their tree, then offers to choose which of the 4 pieces of information they want to obtain (electric garland, garland, star, or balls).
I know that:
x = tree height
* Number of Christmas balls = ((sqrt(17)/20)*x*100
* Length of garlands = 13π/8*x
* Length of electric garlands = π*x
* Diameter of the star = x/10
Thank you in advance !!