Tiff Format

Solved
Hello,
I would like to know how to save in Illustrator as tif in order to export my raster in InDesign and change the color.
Thank you

Configuration: Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) / Firefox 3.6.25

3 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello,
    In "File", "Export" and "TIFF Format".
    1
    1. Thank you for your response, but I have already done it without much success because when I import it into InDesign, I cannot change the color of my grid and the background of the block is white.
      0
    2. Contributor
      And save your file as an EPS, then go through Photoshop to convert it to TIFF?
      0
    3. Contributor
      I just tested a TIFF file with a halftone effect. I import it into InDesign. I double-click on the image and in my color window the halftone color of my image appears and I can change it there. For me, it works.
      0
    4. Yes, I know it works because I have already imported TIFF files into InDesign without any issues, and I can change the color of the pattern with a different block background color. However, I didn’t save these files myself. I need to enlarge a pattern for printing and re-save the file in TIFF. So that’s my problem.
      Thank you for all these answers.
      0
    5. Contributor
      Ok! However, I just did a test to try to understand your problem correctly. I’m in Illustrator: I create a pattern simply by repeating a black square like for a halftone. I export it as a TIFF but select the color model Black and White. Once I import it into InDesign, it works. Is this the approach you are trying to take?
      0
  2. Why not directly import .ai (Illustrator) files into InDesign?
    0
    1. Maybe he wants to color his drawing with a color from the InDesign swatches, and that's not possible in a preview of an AI file.

      We can color a grayscale or bitmap TIF file. For a halftone, the bitmap might be better, especially at 1200 dpi.
      0
  3. To color an image in InDesign, it must be in grayscale or bitmap. If you are in RGB, you will not be able to color it (except for the background).

    To color the background, select the image frame and click on the color in the swatches panel. To color the image, drag the color from the swatches panel onto the image.

    If your image has a transparent background or is a bitmap, you can keep the transparent background or color it.
    0