Access Config.msi

Hello,

I'm having trouble installing a program, I get the error message: "Error writing to the file C:\Config.Msi\PFB742.tmp. Check that you have permission to access this directory" even though I am an administrator on my PC.

I can't find the Config.msi directory even when showing hidden folders. When I try to create it, I get a message saying it already exists... does anyone have a solution to access it and is it possible to delete/overwrite it?

Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 14.0.1

1 answer

  1. Hello,
    For hidden files and folders, some remain hidden for added security. To make them appear as well, where you went to show hidden files, you will need to look a little further down and also uncheck:
    - "Hide extensions for known file types"
    - "Hide protected operating system files"

    Then you will be able to see them.
    0
    1. Thank you for your response BzK. I can now see it and indeed I do not have access to it. I don't understand because I am an administrator on my PC and I am the owner of the folder. Is there a solution for me to access it?
      0
    2. Hello,
      You can try to set full control
      right-click on the folder > properties > security tab > select "administrator" > edit > check "full control" > apply > ok
      0
    3. Hi,
      I already have full control over the file: the full control box is already checked.
      0
    4. Do you receive the error message for all the programs you try to install or just one? Which one?
      0
    5. It's Adobe Reader X. So I installed another one, but I would prefer to have Adobe Reader because I find it easier to use.
      0