Excel Time List

Solved
Hello,

I would like Excel to generate a list of different possible times in a column, by minutes for example:

00:01
00:02
00:03

I can't find a solution, I've tried pretty much all possible time formats in the cells, thanks.

8 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello,

    The following manipulation works:

    set the cell format to hh:mm

    in the 1st row of the column type 00:01
    in the 2nd row of the column type 00:02
    then select the two cells and drag down to row 1439 which will contain 23:59

    See you later

    --
    Best regards,
    5
    1. Contributor
      Hello
      in A1: 00:01
      in A2:
      =A1+1/1440
      pull to the necessary height.
      you can then select the field and do a copy / paste special value to eliminate the formulas and keep the values
      Cheers
      --
      Let's ask ourselves if we are not alone in understanding what is being explained?
      0
      1. Thank you, both solutions work :)
        0
        1. I have another little question, is there a way to change the scrolling speed on the page while keeping the cursor of the little cross? I need to put numbers from 1 to 500,000 for example, and it's long!
          0
          1. Contributor
            A solution

            Excel 2010 menu search select
            Go to type A500000 enter
            type in cell A500000 validate
            go up to cell A499999 and enter this formula A500000-1 validate
            copy cell A499999
            press function F8 to anchor and then shift arrow + end + arrow up paste
            when everything is still selected copy / paste values
            -1
            1. Contributor
              Hello
              and another option:
              enter 1 in A1
              go to the address bar to the left of the formula bar, place the cursor, type A2:A500000 and hit enter to select the entire range
              enter the formula:
              =A1+1 (corresponding to A2)
              enter while holding down the CTRL key
              crdlmnt

              --
              Let's ask ourselves if we are not the only ones to understand what is being explained?
              1
              1. Ah, I am using Excel 2003 and I only have exactly 65,536 cells. But that's not really the problem.

                Your technique works (thanks by the way) but I don't only have numbers to enter; I also have times in the format dd hh:mm:ss.
                1
                1. Contributor
                  Indeed, we won't go from 1 to 500,000 over 65,000 lines!!
                  To process your hours, (if it's a regular interval), the same principle applies:
                  enter the first value in A1
                  in X1, for example, enter the value of the "interval", always in hour format
                  select the entire range as indicated in the previous message, starting from A2
                  place the formula:
                  =A1+$X$1
                  and ctrl+enter
                  be careful with the $ signs that lock X1 > $X$1
                  best regards
                  0
                2. Contributor
                  And if you already have a filled column, enter the formula in A2 and double-click on the fill handle (the small black square at the bottom right of the selected cell).
                  The formula will be copied down as far as there are filled rows next to it.

                  eric
                  0