Disable Asus Live Update

Solved
Hello,

I just bought an Asus laptop and I would like to disable Asus Live Update. I’ve tried all the solutions suggested in the forums and nothing works:
- I can't find it in C Cleaner (tools, startup) and msconfig - I wasn't able to - I can't download Starter Control Panel 2.8 on Windows 7
- I get the following error message when I try to disable it in Task Scheduler: "An error occurred for the Asus Live Update task. The specified account name is not valid." Yet I am an administrator.

If anyone has another idea, I’m all ears,

Thank you for your understanding

Configuration: Windows 7 / Internet Explorer 9.0

5 answers

  1. Good evening,

    To disable Asus Live Update, you need to:

    a) Open the Task Scheduler (which is located in the Control Panel / Administrative Tools)
    b) Then select the key: Task Scheduler Library
    c) In the right panel, select Asus Live Update
    d) Right-click
    e) Choose disable

    Best regards
    27
    1. What do you mean,
      there's no Task Scheduler in the control panel!
      0
    2. Hello,
      Otherwise, go to programs and features, and there you can uninstall it. It's for the Asus updates. Otherwise, it doesn't bother me too much; you just click on the cross and it will only come back next time you restart.
      There you go, have a nice day
      Richard
      0
    3. Just to help those with a PC in French who may not necessarily understand English (please keep them in mind, especially since one can easily confuse Task Scheduler and Task Manager if not careful):
      - For the category view in Windows 7 and 8: Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools
      - In the admin tools: Task Scheduler = Task Scheduler
      - In the scheduler: Task Scheduler Library = Task Scheduler Library
      - Then proceed as mentioned above: right-click on Asus Live Update > Disable
      As for me, it works perfectly on Windows 8, but it would work just as well on Windows 7.
      0
    4. @Sacha20798"Task scheduler" in French is "planificateur de tâches"! Thanks to this trick, I was finally able to get rid of ezupdate!!!!
      See the screenshot (under win10 pro)
      http://www.imabox.fr/15/08/04109EQAZbu54.png
      0
    5. Thank you for the help. It works well.
      0