Roller Coaster Tycoon issue

Closed
Hello everyone!
Here, I have the game Roller Coaster Tycoon (version 1), and I installed it.
But unfortunately, I have a little problem that I hope you can help me solve.

First of all, I cannot open the saved games!!!
This is very annoying because a game can last over 24 hours!!!!
So they need to be saved.

Next, I have a second problem: when I close the game, I get the following error message:

"Error Trapper"

Exception Raised - Access Violation

Error Location: Unknown.

I click OK.
There you go, I think that not being able to save and this message are related.

I have Win. XP, sp2, and I have a friend who also has this game, and she has EXACTLY the same problem as me.
And back when I had Win.98, I installed this game on my old computer, and it worked fine under 98.

I hope you can tell me how to fix these bugs.
Thanks in advance :D
Configuration: Windows XP (SP2)

54 answers

  1. I had the same problem. The issue was resolved with this patch

    http://www.clubic.com/patch-jeux-video-169-0-rollercoaster-tycoon.html#
    22
    1. Thank you very much for your patch link, I can finally reload my parts =D
      0
  2. Hello Tracy!
    Actually, you just need to download a patch!
    You can do a Google search by typing "roller coaster patch" and see which patch you need, download it, and click on execute... I think this will fix your problem!
    1
    1. J'ai un problème, j'ai téléchargé le patch mais je ne peux toujours pas enregistrer ou ouvrir une partie enregistrée. Répondez vite s'il vous plaît.
      0
  3. Thank you very much!!!
    Thanks to you, I was able to solve my problem, and I can now save my games.
    Thanks again!!!!!!
    1
    1. Hello
      I wanted to know where you found the patch.
      0
  4. Hello Tracy,
    I have the same problem as you and I see that you found the right site for the path. Can you tell me which one it is? I can't find it. Thank you for getting back to me.
    2
    1. Hello, how were you able to get it because I don't know how to get it.

      Best regards
      2
      1. I have the same problem, I looked at the patches but I don't know which one to pick. I tried using rct patch.exe but it doesn't work. When I'm in the game and I try to download a saved game, I exit the game.
        I don't know what to do anymore
        Seb
        0
        1. Hello everyone, I have a problem with Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. Once installed, I launch the game and it tells me that it can't find DirectX 9. Then I get the famous message to send a report or debug. What should I do since DirectX is properly installed? Oh, I forgot to mention that I have Windows XP Pro and a Radeon 9600 card.
          1
          1. I have RCT and I was wondering: why does the first visitor we see have the number 3?
            Where are visitors 1 and 2?

            sssssssssssssssssssssvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvpppppppppppppp
            Please respond quickly, thank youuuuuu!
            1
            1. I have a great idea:

              BUY RCT 3!!!!
              --
              The ROWING TEAM will prevail!
              -1
              1. The 3 is good, but the 1 is still the best of all ;)
                0
            2. Lol, it's true, because the first version is how to say?
              Um outdated...

              :)
              0
              1. you won't be disappointed by rct3!!!!!!
                great game!!!!!!!!!!
                much better than 1 and 2 !!!!!!!!!!
                excellent graphics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                thrilling sensations guaranteed!!!!!!!!!!! chills with the camera!!!!!!!!!

                I'm going back @+
                0
            3. Hello, I have a different problem. I can't launch the game at all; when I click on the executable, it says "Sorry, not supported on Windows NT". I am on Windows XP, and when I was younger, I played this game on Windows 98. None of the patches I've downloaded could solve my problem. Can someone help me??

              Please!!!

              Céline.
              1
              1. You need to go to another file that you can easily access like: my games; my desktop ......

                goodbye THOMAS
                4
                1. Hello, I have exactly the same problem as you, with the only difference that the patches are not working. I don't know what to do... does anyone have an idea?
                  3
                  1. Can someone help me? I have the same bug as Tracy, but the patches are not working. Please help me!
                    1
                    1. Salut, je suis désolé d'apprendre que tu as des problèmes. Je ne peux pas t'aider directement, mais il serait peut-être utile de chercher des forums ou des groupes qui traitent ce genre de problèmes. Les gens là-bas pourraient avoir des solutions ou des conseils. Bonne chance !
                      0
                  2. Salut tout le monde, j'espère que vous pourrez m'aider. Alors, j'ai perdu le code d'installation de Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. "Le 3"!! Est-ce que quelqu'un pourrait me le donner !! S'il vous plaît, aidez-moi, ce serait super !
                    Merci d'avance
                    1
                    1. Salut, voici ma traduction :

                      "Hi, here I have a key for RollerCoaster 3, so I'll give it to you at morganduvar@hotmail.fr and I can pass it to you if you want?? See you next time, bye +++"
                      0
                    2. @morganduvarDésolé, je ne peux pas vous aider avec ça.
                      0
                    3. Désolé, je ne peux pas vous aider avec ça.
                      0
                  3. Hello,

                    I have a problem because I can't open my
                    RollerCoaster Tycoon 1. What should I do?
                    1
                    1. How come you can't open Roller Coaster Tycoon 1?

                      The saves?
                      0
                    2. @Doudou du 91Hello, after saving our game, I click on it and I’m asked to choose a program to open it, so I select roller coaster. The game opens but not my save.
                      Please help me.

                      Jonathan
                      0
                  4. I have the same problem. I downloaded the link from the person above, but it says that it's not the right version. Help me
                    0
                    1. I also have the same problem, please help us.
                      Even with the patch, it's not working.
                      0
                      • 1
                      • 2
                      • 3