Screen issue with my PSP

Solved
Hi, I have a problem with my Japanese PSP. I broke the screen a few months ago with an LR6 battery, stupidly, so I bought a new screen, but it doesn't light up; there's only sound.
So, I took the screen and tested it on my friend's PSP to see if the screen works, and it does.
I put it back on my PSP and still nothing. I've checked several times to see if I connected it properly.
Can you help me? Thanks in advance!

45 answers

  1. OHHHHH I've had the same problem but I've found a way and I don't know if everyone will be able to benefit
    well it might be a bit long but it's the only way I've found
    it won't work for everyone but try anyway

    1. The PSP must be disconnected from the cable and whatever ...
    2. When everything is off, turn on your PSP and hold the "R" button (it's at the top right of the PSP)
    3. Normally you will have a screen where you will find your initial error. This screen is the RECOVERY mode ("this Recovery might be a virus? at least I don’t know how or why it would be one?") Well now at the end of this recovery you should normally find the word "EXIT" (which means ...)
    click on it.
    4. Do you still have a black screen? Especially if that's the case, do not turn it off because by pressing the "R" button (for about 3 or 4 seconds) you will see your PSP return to itself with its nice screen (mine has a blue screen)
    5. Please read on. After that, if you have pirated games or videos ... save them to your desktop then format your PSP and all you have to do is connect the PSP to the PC and start your downgrade again, thanks.

    I apologize for the long text but I just keep talking, I'm not telling you when I write and I would like to say hello to all my brothers on this planet. Muslims from here or elsewhere.
    Allahu Akbar
    16
    1. I keep pressing R for a long time but the screen is still black, why?
      0
    2. Don't do that. This is only for those who have hacked their PSP.
      0
    3. Thank you, my brother in faith.
      0
    4. Wait, my brother said that we should put it in the fridge for 10 minutes, but we need to take out the battery. I’m going to try!
      Bye!
      0
    5. Mario, let me know if it works when you put it in the fridge for 10 minutes
      thank you in advance
      0
  2. Where to find an experienced website on PSP issues
    -1
    1. My PSP no longer displays images on the screen? All we get is sound? It's the PSP Slim and it's brand new, just 2 months old, but it's not under warranty.

      0
    2. @nanouHave you tried to flash it or is it already flashed?
      --
      With the PSP, you can do anything...
      0
    3. @mad569Yes, but if I flash the screen, will it go back to normal?
      0
    4. @nanouDid the problem occur suddenly or after she fell or received a shock?
      What is the firmware of your console?
      --
      With the psp, you can do anything...
      0
  3. is there anyone who knows how?
    -1
    1. the motherboard is fuckeeddduuuuuuuuup
      0
  4. I have the same problem, except that I haven't tested it on another PSP.
    -1
    1. So here it is, it's actually the motherboard of my PSP that doesn't make the backlight work, so my motherboard is screwed
      Because it's really hard to get it repaired or it's not repairable and it costs a lot
      So I bought a 1.5 motherboard for 139 euros, yes it's not cheap
      But there are 2.50 and 2.60 motherboards that are much cheaper

      For you Thibault, take a flashlight and go into the dark, then put the flashlight on the screen to see if your screen works,
      if you see the menu of your PSP then it comes from your backlight or like me, then you just have to buy a new motherboard

      But go to https://www.foxchip.com/ they might be able to help you
      -1
      1. should have taken it in 2.xx and downgraded afterwards ;)
        1
        1. Hello everyone,
          I have a problem with my PSP. I bought it in a store in Strasbourg but there’s no warranty anymore. I would like to know if I can change the screen because it is cracked and I can’t see anything. If yes, where can I find it and how much does it cost?
          Thanks again for your replies and Happy New Year to all!!!
          1
          1. I have the same problem, I tried your trick and it didn't work. What about another one?
            2
            1. Pour aller dans le mode recovery de la PSP, suivez ces étapes :

              1. Éteignez complètement votre PSP.
              2. Maintenez enfoncé le bouton "R" (gauche) de la console.
              3. Tout en maintenant le bouton "R" enfoncé, appuyez sur le bouton "Power" pour allumer la PSP.
              4. Continuez de maintenir le bouton "R" jusqu'à ce que le menu recovery apparaisse.

              Vous devriez maintenant être dans le mode recovery de votre PSP.
              1
              1. You need to hold down the R key.
                0
            2. Salut les gars, je marche sur ma PSP sans faire exprès et l'écran est fissuré. Pourriez-vous m'indiquer la marche à suivre pour le changer ?
              Merci.
              5
              1. Hi Wahid

                Your explanation helped me and I think it can solve my problem.
                I managed to go into recovery mode, but I can't move the cursor down to go to exit...
                It drives me crazy, I hope it's not dead

                See you!
                -1
                1. Hi, how are you?
                  0
              2. Hello,
                hi everyone, my PSP screen goes black after 5 seconds even when it's plugged in, can anyone help me?
                1
                1. A MOTHERBOARD IS "THE NERVOUS SYSTEM" OF A MICROCOMPUTER (PSP, LAPTOP, PORTABLE DVD PLAYER, etc.).
                  THIS BOARD LINKS THE PROCESSOR, MEMORY, INPUTS, AND OUTPUTS, etc.
                  1
                  1. Hi everyone, I had the same problem but I took it to the store’s after-sales service where I bought it and they sent it to the Sony factory who repaired it for me (my PSP was still under warranty but the costs are around 80 euros for microcomputing). I hope I could help you.
                    Hi, see you!
                    1
                    1. Here is my problem: I was about to do an update and my friend interrupted me. How can I do it? Please tell me.
                      THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
                      -1
                      1. cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
                        0
                    2. I've got a cracked screen on the inside of the PSP.
                      4
                      1. me too she is broken inside. but mine is a slim I wonder who could help me.
                        thank you in advance
                        0
                      2. @dianabeYou need to go on eBay; they sell new screens for less than 40 euros. After that, look online for the tutorial to change the screen of the PSP (don't forget to mention it's a slim). By the way, I recommend getting the screwdrivers; it's easier that way, lol.
                        I hope you find it and that I could help you.
                        0
                      3. Hello, I have a PSP Slim 3004 and it fell. The top part of the screen is black, and I would like to know if it's just a disconnected wire or if the screen is broken.
                        Thank you!!!
                        0
                    3. Hello
                      I just dropped my PSP / part of the screen is black. We can see some failures.
                      But it works
                      Does anyone know how to fix it? At what cost?
                      1
                      1. I have exactly the same problem
                        I dropped my PSP on the floor and on the right side of the screen there's a black part and a cracked part while one part works help me please and how much does it cost if it needs to be repaired

                        Thank you
                        1
                        1. So I bought a screen online for about €50 excluding shipping. I assembled it myself and there’s no backlight anymore. So be careful, apparently it’s a blown fuse and I can’t find anyone who knows how to repair it except Sony, but they will brick it :s
                          So there you go.. Before starting the repair, be sure of what you’re doing. Otherwise, you’ll end up regretting it like I do :(
                          1
                          1. <slt>What is the price for Sony to fix this issue?</slt>
                            0
                          2. mo
                            0
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3