Explorer.exe is not responding.

Solved
Hello everyone,
I’m joining you because I have a very annoying problem.
I no longer have access to my workstation.
When I go to it it lasts 5 seconds then I receive an error message: Explorer.exe is not responding, then just a background screen with the programs and the taskbar reappearing. I looked at topics that talked about this but none helped me, I ran a chkdsk /F /R (I think that’s it). Scanned with CCleaner.
If someone knows or can help that would be really great since I must absolutely have access to my workstation to retrieve files.

Thanks in advance, Teddy.

Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 3.6.11

4 answers

  1. Hello

    If you are having problems with Explorer, do this: Start / Run, then enter: regsvr32 -u shmedia.dll
    and press the "enter" key

    Best regards
    1
    1. Moderator
      The issue with shmedia.dll happens more when opening a video folder, like My Documents (well, maybe there are videos on the desktop).

      This one happens every 5 seconds.
      It could be malware-originated, your problem.

      So if what untenshu gave you doesn’t work, tell us, we’ll do some manipulations :)

      Burn, burn, yes ya gonna burn
      Burn, burn, yes ya gonna burn
      Burn, burn, yes ya gonna burn
      Burn, burn, yes ya gonna burn

      It goes a-1, 2, 3
      0
      1. a little boost from Mbam!
        0
    2. The problem seems to be fixed!
      Since I record videos while I play, I had a folder with about 400 videos, so this small code to type in the Run dialog works perfectly.

      I’ll keep you posted in case!

      Thank you!!!!
      0
      1. Moderator
        bravo untenshu :)

        --
        Brûlez, brûlez, oui tu vas brûler
        Brûlez, brûlez, oui tu vas brûler
        Brûlez, brûlez, oui tu vas brûler
        Brûlez, brûlez, oui tu vas brûler

        It goes a-1, 2, 3
        0