Remote surveillance
Solved/Closed
Good evening
I have to carry out a graduation project on remote monitoring and I'm looking for some help to understand how it works. On Google, I only found companies showcasing their products but very little documentation.
Thank you
I have to carry out a graduation project on remote monitoring and I'm looking for some help to understand how it works. On Google, I only found companies showcasing their products but very little documentation.
Thank you
70 answers
-
tomHello, I could certainly help you having worked a few years at Securitas Direct as a technical salesperson and finished as a sales manager.
-
bilouAlways no suggestions? :-(
-
sirius_silvergreyHello bilou
what do you mean by remote surveillance, from the internet or public places? -
laura95Good evening, remote monitoring = you have a provider who installs a remote monitoring system for you (a control panel, sensors on openings/closures: windows, doors) one or more small boxes like speakers through which the monitoring can be heard at your place. A box to enter your code (unless it is integrated into your control panel). This is the basic setup. When you activate the remote monitoring, automatically either by impulse or by phone communication, your system notifies the control panel that it is under surveillance. If a burglar enters your home, the alarm goes off, notifying them. This control panel then makes itself known and asks the intruder for their identifying code. If the code is correct, all is well. If incorrect: while inviting the "burglar" to leave the premises, the procedure is initiated (alerting the police, etc...)
Do you intend to equip yourself with remote monitoring? If so, be careful if you are using the Freebox. This is my case, and I am encountering a problem with my remote monitoring provider.
Sincerely, Laura -
turenne henriLaura has clearly defined the service!
I myself have opted for an excellent service for years, marketed by Crédit Mutuel.
But at the time of unbundling my line, I decided to stick with PARTIAL unbundling so that the monitoring system remains connected to a France Telecom line: there are fewer uncertainties. -
akyrion3000Well, it's simple with a Freebox, or any box really, if the burglar cuts the power and your box isn't on a UPS, goodbye phone :p
-
laura95If there's a power cut, goodbye phone. Yes, but I thought about it and an uninterruptible power supply or a little DIY system (a battery, a charger, some terminals, a few wires, and the Freebox is powered). I know from information I got from EPS that concerning them, if there's a power cut (even for the phone), they receive a signal that alerts them to a problem and they initiate the procedure. Who knows EPS as a surveillance supplier to confirm or deny this?
Thank you
Laura -
laura95Additional information:
full unbundling: we no longer pay anything to France Télécom
partial unbundling: we pay the subscription to France Télécom in addition to the Freebox plan
sincerely
Laura -
turenne henriI am also an EPS customer: the service is OK - but I played it safe by staying unbundled; certainly, a "good" burglar will first cut the aerial PTT line and then calmly go about "his" business! lol!
the ultimate in this matter: is to set up a "mobile phone" connection with EPS! but how and at what price? I don't know!
one piece of advice: be safe!!! lol! in every way! -
turenne henriYes Laura, the EPS is on alert (that's the case to say)!
For example: you cut off your electrical supply to do some work on your installation and there you go! Phone rings: what's wrong? Your alarm system is no longer powered!?
Well: once a night your system calls their installation to communicate its operational status: a communication lasting a few seconds that costs you one unit = it's not a big deal! -
turenne henriWell, I understand perfectly: the sea to drink is the France Telecom subscription!
-
ResetIndeed, to avoid line cut issues, the best option is to have a line monitoring service like "transveil," offered by FT, or the GSM gateway with an included SIM card is another solution.
As for the batteries, the "average" standard is usually 48 hours of autonomy, depending on the number of detectors to be powered.
Moreover, the proper functioning of the system requires self-protection against the removal of all the components of the detection system.
I hope I have answered the question.
Sincerely.-
-
GROS NEZ@sebastienI'm intruding on your conversation with Bibo!!! He seems a bit... self-assured: if you put a mirror under his username, you'll read "Pipo"! Watch out!
-
bibo@GROS NEZApparemment, t'es trop malin, toi, GROS NEZ ; comment t'as trouvé l'idée du miroir ? En regardant tous les matins ton miroir, peut-être, vu qu'il en marre de ton nez !!!
-
-
zoman972I am looking for qualified correspondents in alarm programming and remote surveillance, are there any here?????????
-
-
-
-
L'Espagnol@biboGood evening.
I live in Spain and I've just purchased a VERISURE alarm from Securitas with an external detector. Currently, as the alarm is programmed, if the active external detector detects a presence, it simply talks to the thief and takes a photo. Nothing happens inside the house. Do you know if the keypad or the control panel can alert me to this presence with beeps or by triggering the siren? Securitas tells me that this is not planned. It seems strange to me for a modern alarm.
Thank you in advance.
Patrick -
verisure@L'EspagnolWorking for Securitas Direct, the outdoor detector is a pre-alarm system that alerts us to movement on the two beams; no siren is triggered, but we can activate a chime at the slightest movement, notifying you with a beep in your home.
Call the installer who came to set it up and will personally activate this movement beep.
Best regards.
-
-
laurentgo see alert services securitas, they have the solution to counter total unbundling!!
-
JEAN PAULI switched to GSM solution, it doesn't use my phone line at all anymore so I'm even more at ease: www.securitas-direct.fr
-
pigeon3It's true that you absolutely need to take the GSM system (cut-off of wires), but it's also true that you shouldn't go with SECITAS directly! They're not serious and are a scam! Unreliable equipment, incompetent staff, very expensive installation. Others do a better job for less and also with GSM.
-
-
davidGood evening,
I am the manager of a remote surveillance company.
Indeed, a power outage leads to a break in transmission to the monitoring center. EPS, which activates a security agent's intervention, will still not be able to ascertain the duration of the outage if you are not at home, and will be unable to ensure the reception of alarms coming from your home.
As for Securitas Direct, which now offers GSM for each installation, even though the installation fee remains reasonable, the service will only work if there is sufficient network coverage. Moreover, their service can sometimes leave much to be desired due to the large number of connected clients.
The only real solution is to equip yourself whenever possible with a connection via a traditional telephone line (PSTN) without total unbundling and to install a GSM backup. This will take over if it detects a failure of the telephone line. The downside is the cost of the device.-
-
-
mcenroeHello, I'm intruding on the conversation to share my experience with remote surveillance. I had been subscribed for several years through France Tel. I had numerous triggers at the beginning without issues (my mistake) and a response from the agents. Then, there was a battery problem, and there was no response from the surveillance to report it. No more calls after false triggers... The worst part, no response to my phone calls. Considering they were inactive, after several unsuccessful call attempts, I canceled by registered letter. No responses from their services, but the deductions stopped. I isolated the control panel from the phone 15 days ago. I WAS BURGLED LAST SATURDAY. The burglar came through the only possible exit, which had a battery issue that needed replacing. Surprising, isn't it?
I have a strong conviction that my burglar was connected to the remote surveillance that I had dropped, namely SECURITAS DIRECT.
Other clues confirm this doubt
To anyone who can hear me. -
verisure@mcenroeGood evening, this also seems very strange to me. I work at Securitas Direct and I cannot understand what the issue was precisely.
Could there have been a problem with the phone line compromising the cyclic tests to check the condition of the equipment or trigger transmission?
Why didn't you update the system to GSM/GPRS with image transmission?
Best regards. -
kergege@mcenroeHello,
I haven't been very active on the forum until now, but I would like to respond to this post. I would like to clarify that since I am not employed by Securitas Direct, I am not particularly advocating for my own interests. However, this is a serious accusation that, as an operator myself (meaning I receive and manage alarms from several thousand clients connected to my workstation), prompts me to react because it could very well blow back on me, and a discrediting accusation like this puts our entire service into question. It's good to know that employees of companies governed by the "prevention and security" convention are registered with the sub-prefectures and must present a clean criminal record. So, in principle, we can expect this to be a guarantee of quality and safety, although exceptions may exist.
All this to say that rather than making accusations based on strong suspicions, I encourage you to file a formal complaint with the competent authorities; an investigation will be conducted, and if there is wrongdoing, it should be proven, demonstrated, and the offender punished. I take this somewhat personally, as I can't imagine facing such a situation.
That said, concerning your previous issues, your criticisms seem justified, given that operators are well aware of the technical problems on the monitored sites, whether it's battery issues or false alarms, and they are required to notify either the client or the company's customer service for a technical intervention as quickly as possible to ensure the proper functioning of the installed system.
Lastly, and this is not the least important point, regarding the ease of contacting your monitoring operator, I recommend that you obtain the phone number for the monitoring center, where you can be sure to reach someone 24/7, while not hesitating to be patient, as operators must prioritize managing alarms first, and any other requests, including phone calls, second. I know I risk being cursed by other operators on this forum, but this is part of the normal services in my view.
Best regards,
kergégé
-
-
ThomasAs a customer of EPS Telesurveillance, I inform you that the advisor clearly told me that if I installed it on my box, I would not be connected to the center in case of an internet or power outage. However, if you connect it to your regular line, it will cost you 0.12 cents per day for verification plus 12, and EPS offers a reasonable service for a rather attractive price. Best regards.
-
laura95Thomas, regarding the prices, don't forget to confirm with your advisor WHICH PHONE NUMBER will be used?
Very important. I struggled to ensure that my system calls a number starting with 01 and not 08
I have Free. I'm in total unbundling and to this day, I have never encountered any issues, any power cuts whatsoever.
You can add a battery to your system that takes over in case of a power cut. It's true that it's worth it if the cut doesn't last long. I thought about it but haven't done it yet. -
thomasHello Laura,
I see what you mean but I say that at 00:06 the central calls the center for a check!? But it's a premium number starting with 0825 55 etc... but we can't avoid that unless we connect to the ADSL line but I'm with Club Internet and they don’t want to!
Best regards -
laura95Hi Thomas,
they didn’t want to either, but I insisted so much, especially since I had the unpleasant surprise of discovering on my bills that the verification occurred several times a day (sometimes more than 20 times!). This was an anomaly, and after checking, it wasn’t coming from my end. Too complicated to resolve with them, so.... they refunded me for the excess communications and eventually gave in to my request-
toto95Good evening Laura,
Could you let me know if they have made the change in diagnostic numbering on their end from their central system, or did they intervene at your location? If so, did you document their procedure for making this change? Because the documentation for that darn EPS system is useless, and keyboard intervention seems to be restricted..
Thank you -
toto95@toto95No one provided the keyboard shortcut to change the diagnostic number or how to disable it.
-
kergege@toto95Indeed, this manipulation can only be performed by an installation technician, and under no circumstances will they share the manipulations to access the configuration menus of the installed systems. This would constitute a serious professional misconduct on their part. So, gentlemen and ladies, do not look in that direction; a meeting with a sales representative remains the best way to achieve your goal.
Sincerely,
Kergégé
-
-
- 1
- 2
- 3
- 4
Next