Change folder

Solved

<a href="../index.html"> cela te permettra de revenir à la page principale en français depuis le dossier anglais.
Tu utilises ".." pour indiquer que tu veux remonter d'un dossier.
Donc, dans ta page en anglais, tu peux écrire : <a href="../en/index.html"> pour aller à la page en anglais à partir de la page en français, ou revenir à la page principale.
Si tu as d'autres questions, n'hésite pas !

5 answers

  1. Moderator
    The current directory is a point, for example, with the path to truc.html in the current folder:
    "./truc.html" is equivalent to "truc.html"

    To reach truc.html in the parent directory:
    "../truc.html"

    To reach truc.html in the parent of the parent directory:
    "../../truc.html"

    To reach truc.html at the root of the site (the parent of all others):
    "/truc.html"
    10
    1. Thank you for responding, but I'm still stuck.
      So, I have:
      http://www.my site.com, and within that, I have an English folder that I open
      with a link:
      <a href="an/index.html">: no problem here,
      now when I’m in the English folder, to return to the French folder:
      <a href="/index.html">, it doesn’t work.
      <a href="/my site/index.html">, it doesn’t work
      I have to write:
      <a href="http://www.my site.com">
      it’s probably not complicated, but I can’t figure it out!!
      Thank you for helping me.
      0
    2. Moderator
      And <a href="../index.html"> ?
      0
  2. Moderator
    Hi,

    I don't quite understand. Do you want to go back in the hierarchy, meaning go to the parent folder?

    In that case, you just need to use relative links:
    <a href="../index.html">

    I recommend reading this page, it will be really useful for understanding relative and absolute paths:
    https://www.commentcamarche.net/contents/1091-repertoire
    2
    1. ok thanks,
      I forgot the colons and now it's good, but since I'm useless, I can't switch files to the other: if I have two folders in my main folder, for example: English and Spanish: to switch from English to French:
      <a href="../index.html">,
      but to go from English to Spanish?
      and please nobody laugh at me!!!
      -2
      1. Moderator
        Hello,

        site_mother contains:

        index.html
        in
        esp

        To go to English

        en/index.html

        To return

         ../index.html


        To go to esp

        .. to go back to the parent folder (site_mother)
        in to go to Spanish

        so:
        ../esp/index.html


        Read carefully the answer 2 from Kilian.

        You need to juggle with . and ..

        . current directory .. parent directory


        If you have this structure:
         /parent/child1/child11/child12/index1.html /parent/child2/child21/child22/index2.html


        and you are on index2.html here’s how to link to index1.html step by step:
        You must go back up to /parent to be able to change the children

        - the current directory is child22
        ./index2.html

        - the parent directory for child22 and child21 so to access child21 you write
        ../ 
        you go back one directory
        - the parent directory for child21 and child2 so to access child2 you write
        ../../
        you go back two directories
        - the parent directory for child2 and parent so to access parent you write
        ../../../ 
        you go back three directories

        and now since you are in parent you have access to all the children

        So to enter child12/index1.html you follow the other path
        ../../../child1/child11/child12/index1.html


        In short, since we were in index2.html we had to go back 3 directories and then go down 3 directories to access index1.html.

        Take the simple algorithm:

        A->B->C
        A->B1->C1

        You are in C1. To get to C you must do it via A, so we have

        C1 ->B1 ->A ->B ->C

        ../../B/C
        2
        1. Thank you for this explanation, actually it’s quite simple....now.
          Well, I was thinking of getting into PHP, but I think I’ll do some cooking instead!!!
          Thanks again.
          -1
          1. Moderator
            Re,

            And what are we eating?
            0
          2. Moderator
            Elephant leg...
            0
          3. Moderator
            @kilianAnd it would be better if we could keep the ivory for ourselves.
            0
          4. Moderator
            @kilianThe best toothpick I know of....
            0
          5. Moderator
            @kilianAt least now we know that if we have cooking problems, we can ask Mellissa.

            Mellissa said and especially no one laugh at me !!!
            I hope she doesn’t mix up the tags with the ingredients.
            0