I'm lagging on CSS.
Closed
Hello everyone, I have a big, big problem, well I think so.
When I play CSS, I lag a lot even with all the settings on minimum.
I really don’t understand why because I have a good machine, well I think so.
I have a P4 on a P5P800 motherboard with an ATI Radeon 9600 256MB graphics card. I have 512MB of RAM.
So if you have had the same problem as me or if you can help me, let me know, thanks.
Oh, I also updated the card, so that's not it, thanks.
When I play CSS, I lag a lot even with all the settings on minimum.
I really don’t understand why because I have a good machine, well I think so.
I have a P4 on a P5P800 motherboard with an ATI Radeon 9600 256MB graphics card. I have 512MB of RAM.
So if you have had the same problem as me or if you can help me, let me know, thanks.
Oh, I also updated the card, so that's not it, thanks.
35 answers
-
You don't lag, you struggle.
Let me explain your problem; I had the same one and I fixed it.
Actually, there was an update with Steam, and it sometimes added a video setting, which is HDR (high dynamic range).
And that's what makes you struggle like crazy.
How to remove it?
Simple, you have 2 solutions.
The first one, which is what I did, is:
When you see the little Steam icon at the bottom right, left-click, press "play," then on the new page, right-click on Counter Strike Source, then click on "properties." After that, click on "launch options," and type in the little box -dxlevel 81
The second one, I don’t know if it works but I’ve heard it does.
Once you launch CSS, go to video, then go to "Advanced..." You will see High Dynamic Range (HDR, the thing that makes you struggle) and you remove it. It needs to be set to "none," I think.
After that, when you go play, you will see that magically, you won't struggle anymore. -
Hello,
check the spyware like Spybot, AdAware, Norton, etc.
Defragment your hard drive, it really lags if it's fragmented.
Install the latest versions of your Asus motherboard drivers, graphics card, and DirectX 9.
Then it should be fine.
Just so you know, on the map de_inferno, the system uses over 1GB of RAM and switches to virtual memory if you have less.
Personally, I had lags every time I heard the hard drive activating.
I have a CSS team, and we have tutorials to properly configure the game.
Let me know if you're interested, PM me.
------------------------------
Gwen-
-
-
-
@-]EC[- MinoDid you set up your console?
-
-
Hello everyone, I've been playing CSS for 5 months and since I started, I've been lagging a lot. So I added a stick to get 1GB of RAM, and I'm still lagging. Then I changed my graphics card (I used to have a Radeon 9200 SE and I switched to a GeForce 7600 GS), and I'm still lagging. Could you help me play without this lag?
-
Hello there,
Well, I don't know if I'm right, but have you had your PC analyzed?
It happened to me too, but because of a spy who was stealing my PC's memory... I managed to get rid of them thanks to Spybot and I went to see a technician.
If your PC is still lagging, I recommend seeing a technician; it could be your connection. I was told that Alice is messing up badly, so if you have that, I recommend changing it. ^^
There you go, happy fragging to you...
-
-
Hello,
CSS files are used for the layout of WEBSITES.
Please go play your silly games a little further away. Thank you in advance.-
-
Why do you write with an anonymous pseudonym? You should at least have the courage of your opinions. Moreover, your comment is simply thoughtless and senseless. The content of the game may seem silly to you, but that’s your opinion. And we don't need your opinions. CSS is just another game. It may not have much educational value, but let's respect the choice of its players. You have passions in life, so do we :) and we do not end up stupid with these games. And the graphic quality of this game cannot be criticized, especially for an FPS. One of the best in terms of graphics. And lastly, try it before you talk about it; you probably have never played CSS, but have just heard someone say that it is not good or is mind-numbing. So, have a good evening.
Best regards, John-C
-
-
I have CSS and I know your problem perfectly.
You don't have enough RAM, you need at least 1.5GB and you have 1GB
:) bye
--Why always complicate things rather than facing the truth-- -
Hello,
on CSS I have constant freezes and I would like to fix them.
I have read some posts and everything you suggested I have already done.
I have a dual-core E6300, 2.0 GHz; GPU 7600, I have no FPS problems, I am always at a constant 120...
I have a 10 megabit connection which means I download at 900 KB/s and when I upload at 100 KB/s
I never have any loss and just a little bit of choke
knowing that I defragment my hard drive fairly often and I scan all my files often as well.
Thanks -
Hi, same for me. I can't play, there are constant lags except sometimes when I take 2-player matches :) But that's quite rare, so if you have anything, thanks.
-
I'm lagging on CS too :(
I've tried a lot of things, including the ones mentioned above
my video options are all set to low, I've never lagged before and now it's been a month that I've been trying to solve this problem
if anyone has any information...
thank you in advance -
Bonjour, j'ai un gros problème avec CSS : quand je joue, on va dire 20 minutes, après cela l'ordinateur se met à ramer pendant 15 secondes, très très intensément, donc impossible de jouer pendant ce délai (ce qui laisse le temps à l'ennemi de me tuer) et après ça, ça refait pareil mais toutes les minutes, ce qui est très embêtant.
===>
- Je suis à 1 mètre de mon WIFI (Sagem)
- J'ai une connexion de 54 Mbit/s
- (J'ai un câble Ethernet mais ça ne change pas grand-chose)
- J'ai un seul antivirus (Avast)
- Je n'ai pas de virus (enfin je pense, mon antivirus ne détecte rien)
- Je suis sur un ordinateur portable (un Acer)
- Il y a un PC fixe sur le même WIFI
- J'ai un bon ping (entre 20 et 40)
- Euh je suis chez AOL
Voilà, je crois que j'ai tout dit, maintenant j'attends des réponses :D
À+ -
Hello,
I have a big problem with CSS: when I play let's say for 20 minutes, after this delay my computer starts to lag for about 15 seconds, very very intensely, making it impossible to play during this time (which gives enemies time to kill me), and after that, it happens again every minute which is very annoying
===>
- I am 1 meter away from my WIFI (Sagem)
- I have a connection of 54 Mbit/s
- I have an Ethernet cable but it doesn't change much
- I have only one antivirus (Avast)
- I don't have any viruses (at least I don't think so, my antivirus doesn't detect anything)
- I am on a laptop (an Acer)
- there is a desktop PC on the same WIFI
- I have a good ping (between 20 and 40)
- umm I'm with AOL
there you go, I think I said everything, now I will wait patiently for your responses :D -
Bravo Lochness, you are already making fewer mistakes the next day, keep it up and in 10 years you will have ruined the forum but maybe (not sure) your message will be understandable.
-
Hello,
when I play CSS my ping is perfect and every 10 minutes I have spikes of 900..... so I would like some help please, I get this message in the console in red
Warning: using WorldTwoTextureBlend on a non-displacement surface.
Support for this will go away soon.
- Material: de_dust/groundsand_blend
- Surface center: -1920 2440 0
Warning: using WorldTwoTextureBlend on a non-displacement surface (material: de_dust/groundsand_blend). Support for this will go away soon.
Thank you in advance :) -
Hello,
I have a problem:
Actually, I only lag on two maps (de_dust2 and de_dust).
I don't understand why I'm lagging on these two maps since I don't lag on the others!
I hope to get a response from you soon!
Thank you!
Thomas -
I have the same lag problem, yet I have a GeForce 7600 GS with 1GB of RAM and a decent 3GHz processor, and I’m on Wi-Fi, and I’m really lagging. The only thing to do is learn to play with the lag...
Just kidding, I’ll buy some RAM, at least 1.5GB, and that should improve things. -
For your issue with d2 as well as d1, the answer is very simple, especially for mappers (like me for example ^^)
The developers (VALVe) put quite a few frames (images) such as smoke. To give you a little idea of all the frames, start a multiplayer game (create a server), put d2, and no bots.
Then go to your console, type sv_cheats 1, then mat_wireframe 2, you should see plenty of lines, which are actually frames (4 lines = 1 frame ;) )
The big red squares are animated frames, the ones that pull the most, because your machine has to understand the rotation code, the image to spin, show it to you, etc... anyway, a crazy job if you don't have a setup like mine ^^^ (4 GB RAM, NVIDIA 8400 GT [will be changing soon], Intel quad-core CPU), and with this setup, you would probably have fewer problems.
Now, it's my turn to explain my problem:
So, I have everything maxed out, with a 10:9 resolution 1680x1050, and I get 250 fps on all official servers, but I'm on Wi-Fi, which gives me wonderful lag from time to time (a nice one every 5 minutes) which puts me at 20 loss/choke. If anyone knows a program that can increase my Wi-Fi strength, I thank you (ps=> Wi-Fi makes me lag, but I’m at 35 ping...).
Thanks in advance. I am not registered on this site, leave me an email ;)
cassinat.benjamin@hotmail.fr
Activate the console => steam > games > css > properties > launch options > put -console
/!\ DO NOT CLOSE IT, unless you want to mess up your css /!\ -
Hi everyone, so here it is;
I've been playing CS, CS 1.6, and CSS since March 2007 and it has never lagged!!!!! But recently I've been lagging on CS, CS 1.6, and on CSS it's 1000 times worse!
I'm using Wi-Fi, and I've been told that it's why I'm lagging, but I didn't have this problem before and I wasn't lagging!
If you could help me I would appreciate it. THANKS in advance. -
Bonjour, can you tell me if there is a way to use the admin plugin without being an admin (in CSS)?
-
Hello,
On CSS, I don't lag behind my screen, but other players say I "teleport," in other words, that I lag. However, I have:
- a connection from Orange +8Mb
- Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT
- Direct X: 9.0c
- Processor: Intel Core Duo 2.2Ghz
- RAM: 2Go DDR2
- Operating System: Windows XP - SP2
Brand of the computer: Dell Inspiron 1520 -
Hello, so for the ping in your console enter: cl_cmdrate 1
your ping drops to 5
cl_updaterate at 60
to send images per second
rate 25000
make sure the rate is high to reduce lag if you want for YOUR connection go to this site! :
http://ww1.forum-cs.com/tuto_rates-
-
Post by =RSA= h@s0
Hello, so for the ping in your console enter: cl_cmdrate 1
your ping drops to 5
cl_updaterate to 60
to send images per second
rate 25000
make sure the rate is high to reduce lag if you want for YOUR connection go to this site! :
http://ww1.forum-cs.com/tuto_rates
Hi, I wanted to know where the "console" is where I can enter this? -
@Haku7Hi, for the console you go to steam/my games/css/properties/set launch options and add this -console
you confirm, restart steam and it's good, there you go ++ -
@kalahaneYou're welcome! :D
-
-
Salut, je joue à CSS et à chaque fois ça rame et je ne comprends pas pourquoi. Le problème, c'est que ça ne rame pas constamment. Aidez-moi, s'il vous plaît (désolé pour les fautes, lol).
- 1
- 2
Next