I'm lagging on CSS.

Closed
Hello everyone, I have a big, big problem, well I think so.

When I play CSS, I lag a lot even with all the settings on minimum.

I really don’t understand why because I have a good machine, well I think so.
I have a P4 on a P5P800 motherboard with an ATI Radeon 9600 256MB graphics card. I have 512MB of RAM.

So if you have had the same problem as me or if you can help me, let me know, thanks.

Oh, I also updated the card, so that's not it, thanks.

35 answers

  1. You don't lag, you struggle.
    Let me explain your problem; I had the same one and I fixed it.
    Actually, there was an update with Steam, and it sometimes added a video setting, which is HDR (high dynamic range).
    And that's what makes you struggle like crazy.

    How to remove it?

    Simple, you have 2 solutions.
    The first one, which is what I did, is:
    When you see the little Steam icon at the bottom right, left-click, press "play," then on the new page, right-click on Counter Strike Source, then click on "properties." After that, click on "launch options," and type in the little box -dxlevel 81

    The second one, I don’t know if it works but I’ve heard it does.
    Once you launch CSS, go to video, then go to "Advanced..." You will see High Dynamic Range (HDR, the thing that makes you struggle) and you remove it. It needs to be set to "none," I think.

    After that, when you go play, you will see that magically, you won't struggle anymore.
    49
    1. Merci pour tes solutions, mais le truc c'est que je n'ai pas Steam !!!! Tu n'as pas une autre solution ?
      0
    2. I always lag.
      0
    3. Salut, j'ai bien trouvé où il faut entrer le "-dxlevel 81", mais je voudrais savoir quelle lettre exactement faut-il taper et qu'est-ce que ça change ? Merci.
      0
  2. Bonjour, voici une traduction en anglais de votre message :

    Hello, here I am every 10 seconds (approximately) on CSS, I’m bugging, I don’t know what it’s coming from. Before I was with Alice but now I’m with Orange, even with net stop WZCSVC it’s still bugging (when I was with Alice, I entered net stop WZCSVC and I didn’t have bugs anymore). I hope someone will respond to me, thank you.
    0
    1. I'm sorry to respond to you only now, but I have a big problem.

      When I play Counter-Strike Source, it starts to lag for 1 minute, but it's repetitive and it becomes annoying. If someone could help me, it would be great because it's becoming very bothersome.

      Here’s my setup:

      Processor: Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) processor 3500+ 1.80GHz
      RAM: 2.50 GB (after adding a 2GB stick)
      System: 32 bits
      Graphics card: ATI Radeon Xpress 1100

      My network: Local Network 16 Giga Livebox

      Thank you and Happy New Year to everyone.
      0
      1. Hello everyone, I would like to know how to delete or at least reduce my lag issue on Counter Strike Source that has been going on for a year and a half. My setup: HP Compaq 6820s laptop, ATI Mobility Radeon X1350 graphics card, and my connection: 8 megabytes on Wi-Fi. It's still a decent PC, at least I think. Thank you for responding so I can play smoothly.
        3
        1. Sometimes you just need to go to the control panel and then "keyboard" and set the frequency and repeat to minimum! It worked for me! Give it a try!
          0
          1. LOCHNESS STARTS BY LEARNING FRENCH !!!!!! It takes an hour to decipher you !!!!
            We are not texting, damn it !!! Let’s respect our beautiful language!
            0
            1. Hello, I'm lagging on CSS
              when I play the movements are jerky, sometimes everything freezes and when it finally resumes, I'm dead. Sometimes after 5 minutes of gameplay, a connection problem message appears, so I quit and I'm disconnected from the livebox, but I can reconnect immediately without any problem.
              I have a decent computer (I don't know the technical details), I'm connected to my Orange livebox via Wi-Fi (3 meters away from it), I've adjusted my rates, I have a ping of 60/90, I've lowered the resolution, my RAM is over 2MB
              so there you go, a real Chinese puzzle
              thank you for responding in a simple way: I'm not very good with computers.
              0
              1. olol
                I've already been there
                thank you anyway
                0
              2. Hello, I have the solution to prevent freeze lag in CSS when playing on Wi-Fi (unfortunately it does not work for everyone, it depends on which Wi-Fi you have, I have an SMC Wi-Fi card and it works [I know it also works with D-Link cards].
                For those who have a ...Box, I don't know much... But you can still try!
                So for those who play CSS on Wi-Fi, the freezes are due to the search for new internet servers that your Wi-Fi looks for every 3-5 minutes, and this takes about 2 seconds (the time you freeze) to stop your computer from searching for new internet servers. Here is the manipulation: Start > Run > Type " net stop
                wzsvc "

                If you want to restart this process, you just need to type " net start wzsvc " again.

                Since this manipulation, my Wi-Fi has been "stuck" on my internet server and therefore does not search for other servers every 5 minutes, I no longer freeze! Otherwise, you need to adjust your rates (which are not the same depending on the servers).

                I hope I helped you!
                0
            2. Hello, I mostly lag on certain maps, especially the desert map. I've hardly been able to play without lagging! Please help me, thank you in advance!
              0
              1. I'm lagging in CSS with 30-40 ping on all maps, please please please help me, I'm lagging so much that I get banned from every server!!! I've never played without lag.
                My Steam friend, if you have anything to suggest to get me out of this mess
                general_ilyasse_du_31 thank you in advance.
                0
            3. If you lag, it's because there's not much internet connection.
              0
              1. Hi everyone!
                I'm lagging too :@
                I have a ping of 58 but suddenly it spikes to 400 and I don’t know why.
                It's starting to annoy me for some time now (2 to 3 months)

                Here’s my setup: (incomprehensible)

                - 2GB of RAM
                - NVIDIA Geforce 7600 GT
                - Powerline connection (better than wifi)
                - ESL normal rate settings (rate 30000, cl_cmdrate 100, cl_updaterate 101)
                - PC with Vista (1 year)

                I think that should be enough.
                But the most troubling thing is that I didn’t lag before, this started happening a few months ago, can anyone help me?!!
                Thank you very much.

                _ii_@live.fr my MSN for detailed advice (if possible) on what to do.
                1
                1. Hi
                  what type of internet connection do you have?
                  because you need to adjust the rates according to your connection
                  here, go to this link and they will tell you what rates to set based on your connection:
                  http://ww1.forum-cs.com/tuto_rates
                  0
              2. HELLO, I NEED HELP... I JUST BOUGHT COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE AND WHEN I GOT HOME I DOWNLOADED IT BUT WHEN I PLAY ON A MAP THAT TAKES PLACE OUTSIDE OF A BUILDING (OUTDOORS) I LAG A LOT AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUE :D

                I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO CHECK MY COMPUTER'S INFORMATION... LIKE HOW MANY GB I HAVE, ETC.
                THANK YOU, GOODBYE!
                -1
                1. Too cool to take down the rats like that, you lag even more and especially the other players can't touch you anymore, gg the cardboard advice.
                  0
                  1. Hello everyone
                    I'm lagging on CSS after about a quarter of an hour of play and I have no idea where it could come from. I did some research and was told that I should optimize my PC but I don't know how. Could someone please have a solution? Thank you??
                    1
                    1. Il semble que vous ayez des problèmes de latence avec le CSS sur votre site. Il est possible que cela soit dû à votre connexion Internet. L'ADSL, notamment avec un débit d'1 méga, peut affecter la vitesse de chargement des éléments CSS, en particulier si votre connexion est partagée ou si d'autres appareils l'utilisent simultanément. Pour améliorer la situation, vous pourriez envisager de tester votre connexion, de réduire le poids de vos fichiers CSS ou de passer à un forfait Internet avec un débit plus élevé.
                      -1
                      1. How much ping do you have when you play? You should aim for a maximum of 100, and how many FPS do you have? I've read in several answers that you need at least 1.5 GB of RAM; I have 1 GB with a 9600 GTS and no lag. The lag mostly comes from the graphics card because the configs in the console can only give you a maximum of 10 to 15 FPS. For good fluidity, you need at least 60 FPS; below that, forget it.
                        0
                    2. I'm having a problem too; I play CSS on my laptop (I have a NEC Versa C200 from the general council), and when I play, I'm lagging a lot. Can you please help me? Thank you.
                      -1
                      1. Salut, je joue à CSS et j'ai un problème, c'est que je ne rampe pas constamment, aidez-moi s'il vous plaît (désolé pour les fautes) xd.
                        -1
                        1. Salut, je joue à CSS et à chaque fois ça rame et je ne comprends pas pourquoi. Le problème, c'est que ça ne rame pas constamment. Aidez-moi, s'il vous plaît (désolé pour les fautes, lol).
                          -1
                          1. Hello, so for the ping in your console enter: cl_cmdrate 1
                            your ping drops to 5
                            cl_updaterate at 60
                            to send images per second
                            rate 25000
                            make sure the rate is high to reduce lag if you want for YOUR connection go to this site! :
                            http://ww1.forum-cs.com/tuto_rates
                            -1
                            1. Well actually, I don't understand something. You all have excellent configurations (1GB of RAM, etc.), but I have 256MB of RAM and a 64MB dedicated graphics card and I don't lag. It's not logical ^^
                              0
                            2. Post by =RSA= h@s0
                              Hello, so for the ping in your console enter: cl_cmdrate 1
                              your ping drops to 5
                              cl_updaterate to 60
                              to send images per second
                              rate 25000
                              make sure the rate is high to reduce lag if you want for YOUR connection go to this site! :
                              http://ww1.forum-cs.com/tuto_rates

                              Hi, I wanted to know where the "console" is where I can enter this?
                              0
                            3. @Haku7Hi, for the console you go to steam/my games/css/properties/set launch options and add this -console
                              you confirm, restart steam and it's good, there you go ++
                              0
                          2. Hello,

                            On CSS, I don't lag behind my screen, but other players say I "teleport," in other words, that I lag. However, I have:
                            - a connection from Orange +8Mb
                            - Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT
                            - Direct X: 9.0c
                            - Processor: Intel Core Duo 2.2Ghz
                            - RAM: 2Go DDR2
                            - Operating System: Windows XP - SP2

                            Brand of the computer: Dell Inspiron 1520
                            -1
                            1. Salut. Je lag énormément, mon ping est entre 10 et 60, mais je lag quand même. Mon pote avec le même PC ne lag pas. Que faire, s'il vous plaît ? Sur tous les serveurs, même quand je joue à deux, je rame d'une façon incroyable. Donc, s'il vous plaît, aidez-moi.
                              0
                          3. Bonjour, can you tell me if there is a way to use the admin plugin without being an admin (in CSS)?
                            -1
                            • 1
                            • 2