AUDIO DRIVER FOR COMPAQ

Solved
Hello,
I have a big problem that I can’t seem to solve...
Following a virus issue, I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 98. Everything works well except for the fact that I no longer have sound, as the PC cannot find the audio driver.
I searched the internet without any success.
Could someone help me?
I'm on a Compaq Presario MV520 PC and under Windows 98.
Thank you
Arno
Configuration: PC WINDOWS 98 COMPAQ PRESARIO MV520

31 answers

  1. Hello everyone,
    I just formatted my disk, and the problem is that I no longer have sound, and I don't know anything about it!!! So if someone could help me???. My sound card is integrated? And I'm on Windows XP.
    Motherboard: Asustek Computer INC.
    Chipset Intel: i915G.
    System Number: PS245AA.
    Southbridge Intel: 8L801.
    Asus A8000 D0435-A22 1410 8H118352A.
    Model: PS245AA-ABF SRT339FR FR510 or PUFFER.
    There you go, I know it's weird but I have this, it's already not bad!!!!!!!!
    So if someone could help me, that would be nice.....
    Thank you in advance....
    22
    1. Hello Arnolyon

      Do an online scan with your PC...

      Maybe they have this in stock

      http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=29

      bxflash
      2
      1. Your site is too deadly...
        my drivers

        thank you
        0
      2. @TPNJ'ai besoin d'un driver audio Compaq.
        0
      3. Contributor
        @TPNIt's not French but it looks a bit like it.
        Yet, it's neither verlan nor SMS language

        So, a regional dialect? But which one?

        If you want to hope for help you need to explain your problem in real French.

        --
        To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
        0
    2. Hi,

      You indeed need the audio driver.
      The problem is that you're providing the reference of your monitor; you need the one that, I believe, is at the bottom of the label on the front.
      Then you go to the Compaq or HP website.
      1
      1. Hello
        In my opinion, you should look for the driver to update your sound card. To do this, right-click on "This PC"/"Hardware"/"Device Manager."
        1
        1. Hello everyone,

          I'm taking advantage of the topic already being discussed to share my issue. So I installed the audio driver for a COMPAQ PRESARIO SR1349FR, but the problem is that there is still no sound :) This does pose a bit of a problem, so if you know what might be causing this issue or can tell me how I could resolve it, I’m all ears!

          Thank you in advance to all of you.

          PS: Here’s the link where I got this driver http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=fr&lc=fr&product=449596&lang=fr&cc=fr&os=228
          1
        2. Hello,
          You might want to try simply downloading the AUDIO AC97 driver (you can search for it on Google). With a bit of luck, it will work. Bye.
          1
          1. All the solutions mentioned in this topic don't work for me at all... I really don't know what to do to regain sound on this computer!!! If you have any ideas, I'm all ears because I have none left :s
            2
            1. Here is, after a week of research, the famous driver for this worthless Compaq brand for sound problems
              http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/confirm.aspx?ftpDown=ftp://aiedownload.intel.com/df-support/7525/eng/AUD_ALLOS_5.10.0.5152_PV.EXE&agr=N&ProductID=1681&DwnldId=7525&strOSs=All&OSFullName=All%20Operating%20Systems%E2%8C%A9=eng
              just wait, the server is very slow
              Compaq Presario SR1349 FR and the sound works
              1
              1. Hello,
                after reading your message, I went to the site to download the drivers but after the download, nothing happens on the computer; is there a procedure to follow for installation on the hard drive because my computer remains silent
                thank you for your response and see you soon
                0
              2. Hello everyone, I have the same problem and all the sites you sent me show an error. If someone could guide me, that would be nice. Thank you in advance.
                0
            2. Je suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas vous aider avec ça.
              1
              1. Well, I have one too, but it's a SR1909FR :x
                1
                1. Je suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas vous aider avec cela.
                  1
                  1. Hi:
                    go to this address http://h20000.www2.hp.com

                    » Download drivers and software
                    » Desktop PCs
                    in the search for a product type COMPAQ RESARIO SR1349FR
                    search results
                    COMPAQ PRESARIO SR1349FR (click on it)
                    in the list select the product search your pc
                    » Compaq Presario SR1349FR Desktop PC
                    click on it and you will have the list of operating systems (there is only Windows XP)
                    you just have to click on it and search for the driver in the list and download it.
                    if your pc is original there are the drivers
                    Multimedia mouse/keyboard solution HP Spring 2005
                    Type: Original drivers
                    Version: N/A (December 14, 2004)
                    Operating system(s): Microsoft Windows XP
                    File name: sp26416.exe (6.5 MB
                    Complete solution for the HP multimedia keyboard and mouse.

                    Purpose: Original Driver

                    Operating System:

                    Windows XP Home
                    Windows XP Professional
                    3
                    1. Hello, sorry for the inconvenience but I have a little problem with my Compaq Presario SR2102FR. When I formatted it (it originally had Vista), I encountered major problems like freezing and loss of internet, so I decided to format it. Now I haven't had sound for a long time since I installed Windows XP Coccinelle, the one I had and which satisfied me well, but there's no sound and I've searched the internet but nothing works. I would like to get my sound back.
                      1
                      1. Bonjour, désolé pour le dérangement, mais j'ai un petit souci avec mon Compaq Presario SR2102FR. Lorsque je l'ai formaté (à la base, il avait Vista), de gros problèmes sont survenus : bug, arrêt d'internet. Donc, j'ai décidé de le formater et là, je n'ai plus de son depuis un bon moment. Lorsque j'ai installé Windows XP (Coccinelle), celui que j'avais et qui me satisfaisait bien, mais pas de son. J'ai cherché sur internet, mais rien ne va. J'aimerais retrouver mon son.
                        2
                        1. Hello
                          I can't find the sound driver for my HP D530 PC.
                          I have tried many times but to no avail.
                          Please help me solve this problem and thank you in advance.
                          Have a good day everyone!
                          1
                          1. Hello everyone, I have a problem with the sound card and audio card. I formatted my computer and searched the internet but found no results. I have an HP Compaq d 530 sff s/n u s u 406007 G
                            please help me resolve this issue and thank you in advance
                            have a good day everyone.
                            7
                            1. YOU DOWNLOAD REALTEK AC 97 AND YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED.
                              0
                            2. Is it valid with Compaq 6715b
                              motherboard Hewlett Packard 30C2 KBC Version 71.28?
                              0
                            3. Contributor
                              No, it is a SoundMax HD sound card.
                              0
                            4. You need to go on Google and type "audio driver for ...".
                              0
                          2. Contributor
                            Hello,

                            You download and execute http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=en&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=316720&prodNameId=316722&swEnvOID=1098&swLang=17&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=PSG_I18129-101261

                            --
                            To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
                            2
                            1. Je suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas vous aider avec cela.
                              1
                              1. Contributor
                                Le pilote audio que vous trouverez ici http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=uk&prodNameId=3431693&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=3431692&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=2094 est pour Vista.

                                Ainsi, grâce à cela, nous savons que votre carte audio est une Realtek HD.

                                Vous pouvez télécharger le pilote que vous recherchez ici http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

                                --
                                Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum.
                                1
                                1. I have the same issue as you, it's tough for music. Did you contact so-and-so by phone to try to get some answers?
                                  1
                                  • 1
                                  • 2