AUDIO DRIVER FOR COMPAQ

Solved
Hello,
I have a big problem that I can’t seem to solve...
Following a virus issue, I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 98. Everything works well except for the fact that I no longer have sound, as the PC cannot find the audio driver.
I searched the internet without any success.
Could someone help me?
I'm on a Compaq Presario MV520 PC and under Windows 98.
Thank you
Arno
Configuration: PC WINDOWS 98 COMPAQ PRESARIO MV520

31 answers

  1. Hello everyone,
    I just formatted my disk, and the problem is that I no longer have sound, and I don't know anything about it!!! So if someone could help me???. My sound card is integrated? And I'm on Windows XP.
    Motherboard: Asustek Computer INC.
    Chipset Intel: i915G.
    System Number: PS245AA.
    Southbridge Intel: 8L801.
    Asus A8000 D0435-A22 1410 8H118352A.
    Model: PS245AA-ABF SRT339FR FR510 or PUFFER.
    There you go, I know it's weird but I have this, it's already not bad!!!!!!!!
    So if someone could help me, that would be nice.....
    Thank you in advance....
    22
    1. I have the same audio problem but with Windows. Can someone please help me?
      0
      1. Contributor
        RE, RE :

        Problem marked as Resolved.

        Furthermore, this discussion is completely spoiled by all the people, like you, who keep piling on.

        If you want to increase your chances of getting help, start your own discussion. It's free!
        And please specify the brand and model of your PC or motherboard if it's not a branded PC, as well as the OS you are using.
        0
        1. I have a problem with my machine; I installed it but lost the sound drivers and the Ethernet card.
          0
          1. Contributor
            RE :

            Issue marked as Resolved.

            Moreover, this discussion is completely ruined by all the people who, like you, come to add their two cents.

            If you want to increase your chances of getting help, start your own discussion. It's free!
            0
            1. Contributor
              Problem marked as Resolved.

              Moreover, this discussion is completely spoiled by all the people who, like you, come to add their two cents.

              If you want to increase your chances of getting help, start your own discussion. It's free!
              0
              1. I have the same problem but with Windows XP, and I hope someone can help me.
                0
                1. Veuillez résoudre ce problème de pilotes corrompus, s'il vous plaît.
                  1
                  1. Contributor
                    Hello,

                    If you have Vista http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=fr&cc=fr&product=3872572&tool=&query=cq60-205es&lang=en

                    If you have XP, you come back.

                    --
                    To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
                    1
                    1. Good evening everyone.
                      I just bought a laptop "COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ60-205ES"
                      and all the drivers are installed except for the sound driver;
                      if anyone can help me or guide me to a link where I can install the sound driver
                      thank you in advance.
                      5
                      1. I have the same issue as you, it's tough for music. Did you contact so-and-so by phone to try to get some answers?
                        1
                        1. Contributor
                          Le pilote audio que vous trouverez ici http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=uk&prodNameId=3431693&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=3431692&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=2094 est pour Vista.

                          Ainsi, grâce à cela, nous savons que votre carte audio est une Realtek HD.

                          Vous pouvez télécharger le pilote que vous recherchez ici http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

                          --
                          Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum.
                          1
                          1. Je suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas vous aider avec cela.
                            1
                            1. Contributor
                              Hello,

                              You download and execute http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=en&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=316720&prodNameId=316722&swEnvOID=1098&swLang=17&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=PSG_I18129-101261

                              --
                              To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
                              2
                              1. Hello everyone, I have a problem with the sound card and audio card. I formatted my computer and searched the internet but found no results. I have an HP Compaq d 530 sff s/n u s u 406007 G
                                please help me resolve this issue and thank you in advance
                                have a good day everyone.
                                7
                                1. YOU DOWNLOAD REALTEK AC 97 AND YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED.
                                  0
                                2. Is it valid with Compaq 6715b
                                  motherboard Hewlett Packard 30C2 KBC Version 71.28?
                                  0
                                3. Contributor
                                  No, it is a SoundMax HD sound card.
                                  0
                                4. You need to go on Google and type "audio driver for ...".
                                  0
                              2. Hello
                                I can't find the sound driver for my HP D530 PC.
                                I have tried many times but to no avail.
                                Please help me solve this problem and thank you in advance.
                                Have a good day everyone!
                                1
                                1. Bonjour, désolé pour le dérangement, mais j'ai un petit souci avec mon Compaq Presario SR2102FR. Lorsque je l'ai formaté (à la base, il avait Vista), de gros problèmes sont survenus : bug, arrêt d'internet. Donc, j'ai décidé de le formater et là, je n'ai plus de son depuis un bon moment. Lorsque j'ai installé Windows XP (Coccinelle), celui que j'avais et qui me satisfaisait bien, mais pas de son. J'ai cherché sur internet, mais rien ne va. J'aimerais retrouver mon son.
                                  2
                                  1. Hello, sorry for the inconvenience but I have a little problem with my Compaq Presario SR2102FR. When I formatted it (it originally had Vista), I encountered major problems like freezing and loss of internet, so I decided to format it. Now I haven't had sound for a long time since I installed Windows XP Coccinelle, the one I had and which satisfied me well, but there's no sound and I've searched the internet but nothing works. I would like to get my sound back.
                                    1
                                    • 1
                                    • 2