Unlocking philips bdp7500

Hello,
I want to be able to read Region 1 Blu-rays on my 7500 player as well.

Thank you in advance
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 3.5.5

6 answers

  1. Fortunately, at Philips (like many manufacturers), there are also software solutions. For example, I'm not sure if it works for the BDP7500, but for the DVD part of its "parent," the BDP7300, on another forum, badak wrote:

    1) Turn on the player without a disc inside
    2) Press the "HOME" button (the one with the little house symbol)
    3) then enter the following numbers right after: 1389310

    Note:

    - Nothing happens on the player or the screen when you follow this procedure, and I tested it immediately with a Zone 1 DVD without needing to turn off the player.
    - I don't have a Blu-ray from another region to test, but according to what can be read online, it generally only works for DVDs.
    - I unplugged the player for over a minute, and it retained the region unlock.

    https://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/lecteurs-blu-ray-video-haute-definition/bd-philips-bdp7300-t29914527.html
    12
    1. I tested this method with the 7500 and it works perfectly!

      A big thank you and Happy New Year!!
      0
    2. This method also applies to the Philips BDP 2500/12

      For Blu-rays, no problem: I've bought several in the USA, they are not region-coded.

      The last publisher that only made A or B region (Disney) has just abandoned its orthodoxy in this matter. Their Blu-rays are now ABC.

      So DVDs can be played in multiple regions and for Blu-rays, that was already the case.
      0
    3. Excellent, it works great! I have a BDP7500, thank you! I can watch my entire collection of Region 1 DVDs!
      0
    4. Awesome !!!! I have a Philips BDP3100/12..................and it works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      So cool !!!! A big thank you. Oliv'
      0
    5. Wowwwwwww:!!!!!!
      Honestly, your thing works for the BDP 3200 as well, awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      0
  2. Normally, you need to change a chip inside the player, please request here: http://www.hdland.fr/boutique/liste_produits.cfm?code_lg=lg_fr&type=8
    You could have gotten a quality Blu-Ray player that is already region-free: http://www.hdland.fr/boutique/liste_produits.cfm?code_lg=lg_fr&type=10
    -4
    1. Is the Blu-Ray region-free? Or is it just the DVD part?
      2
      1. Amazing It works Thank you so much!
        2
        1. QUEDUPOSITIF April 12, 2010 at 10:17 PM
          ADVICE FOR THE
          PHILIPS BDP 7500

          GO TO MENU
          PREFERENCE OPTION
          TYPE 135566

          ? REGION CODE MESSAGE
          SELECT 0
          SYSTEM MENU
          STANDBY

          RESTART

          JP
          0
          1. Hello,

            the thing works very well for DVD discs but not for Blu-ray discs. Is there a solution, thank you.
            0
          2. It works really well for my Blu-ray player BDP3200, thank you very much for this great information... valid for DVDs, don't try for Blu-ray discs...
            0
          3. For my Philips model 703, does anyone have a way to unlock it? Thank you.
            0
          4. On a a BDP PHILIPS 5500/12, which code do you need to enter and how?
            0
        2. the recommended site has no response regarding the chip
          thank you
          0