Inforad V4E Detection

Hello,
I just acquired an Inforad V4E. After successfully downloading software version 3.4 from Inforad, I was getting ready to update the module via the internet, and to my surprise, the device could not be detected when connected to the PC via its USB port; the PC can't find it and scans the ports without ever stopping on the device's port. I've reinstalled it on two other PCs, and I'm facing the same problem!!!
If anyone has encountered the same issue, I would appreciate any information.
Thanks in advance
Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0

11 answers

  1. At my place it's the same! It doesn't detect the product!!.. yet at a friend's it works right away, what's going on?.. I don't understand anything anymore!
    34
    1. Same for me: INFORAD V4E purchased on June 25th. Windows 7 does not detect the INFORAD unit. Apparently, a driver is missing, which Windows cannot find. It indicates that I need to contact the manufacturer. There is nothing at all on the Inforad site (only PDF files). Waiting to receive a response by email from technical support. Otherwise, I will return it to my seller... Does anyone have another suggestion? Thank you.
      0
    2. I have the same problem... Inforad V4E purchased today doesn't work with Windows 7!!!
      0
    3. Finally, it works with the link provided below!!

      http://www.gpsinforad.com/tools/vistaIFMdrv/PL2303drv_Vista_Installer.exe
      0
    4. I tried it. It works after updating a USB mouse driver. With the 8000 devices on promotion at Carrefour, Inforad is going to be overwhelmed with requests if they don't put the bug fix online.
      Thanks for the info Diezac.
      0
    5. promo carrefour June 26, 2011
      same problem,
      same solution, after two attempts
      thank you
      http://www.gpsinforad.com/tools/vistaIFMdrv/PL2303drv_Vista_Installer.exe
      0