Scam in England?
Solved/Closed
Hello
Having already been approached by scammers from Ivory Coast, and I thank this forum for warning me, I just received this message that is quite similar to others but seems to come from England, from an expatriate Frenchman. However, the number of spelling mistakes for a compatriot makes me doubtful about his true nationality.
Has anyone received a similar message??
Is it really a scam???
I look forward to your responses
Hello,
I am JOURNES ALAIN MAURICE, a Frenchman expatriated for five years in England for professional reasons.
I would like to return to my country and stay there permanently, which is why I want to acquire your house that will serve as a home for me and my family.
As soon as I read this letter, I kindly ask you to send me, if possible, some additional photos of your property.
Don’t forget to mention the real sale price of the house, the description, and also the geographical location and leave me your contact information (Phone number, Fax, and Address).
I look forward to hearing from you.
MR JOURNES ALAIN MAURICE
Address: The Grey House Nunnington
City: London
Postcode: HR1 3NJ
Mobile: 00 44 703 869 632
Fax: 00 44 207 692 0205
j_alain2008@yahoo.fr
Having already been approached by scammers from Ivory Coast, and I thank this forum for warning me, I just received this message that is quite similar to others but seems to come from England, from an expatriate Frenchman. However, the number of spelling mistakes for a compatriot makes me doubtful about his true nationality.
Has anyone received a similar message??
Is it really a scam???
I look forward to your responses
Hello,
I am JOURNES ALAIN MAURICE, a Frenchman expatriated for five years in England for professional reasons.
I would like to return to my country and stay there permanently, which is why I want to acquire your house that will serve as a home for me and my family.
As soon as I read this letter, I kindly ask you to send me, if possible, some additional photos of your property.
Don’t forget to mention the real sale price of the house, the description, and also the geographical location and leave me your contact information (Phone number, Fax, and Address).
I look forward to hearing from you.
MR JOURNES ALAIN MAURICE
Address: The Grey House Nunnington
City: London
Postcode: HR1 3NJ
Mobile: 00 44 703 869 632
Fax: 00 44 207 692 0205
j_alain2008@yahoo.fr
13 answers
-
Hi,
let it go, it's just another scam, if he keeps insisting he'll surely find a soft touch. @+.-
-
Contributor@natcadoMR JOURNES ALAIN MAURICE
Address: The Grey House Nunnington
City: London
Postcode: HR1 3NJ
Mobile: 00 44 703 869 632
Fax: 00 44 207 692 0205
j_alain2008@yahoo.fr
Beware of the numbers 0044 70xxxxx
These numbers should reassure the victim that it is indeed a person located in England.
NO!!!
These are not English numbers but numbers referred to as "personal numbers" or "follow-me numbers". These numbers can be redirected to almost any mobile or landline telephone in the world.
So be cautious, a sign of a scam
Best regards
Allmandia -
@AllmandiaThank you for this super important information, I will be more vigilant from now on.
-
Contributor@natcadoBeware of fake transport or fiduciary companies:
These "companies" only exist in the form of a website that the scammers have created themselves. These sites should give the impression of being a serious company to which you send money, which goes directly into the pockets of criminal gangs.
As soon as you come across a fraudulent site or a site that seems suspicious to you, post the URL here in the forum so that other victims can be alerted. These sites are an important element in the scam scenario.
Thank you and best regards
Allmadia -
@AllmandiaI received a fax number from a lender and I had to send the requested documents by fax, and it was indeed a fax number. So should I be cautious because I received a loan agreement from him and there is nothing to pay upfront? It concerns Mr. Sossou Lucien.
-