Secure boot issue
Hello, feeling a bit desperate, I thought I could ask on a forum. Let me explain the problem. With the latest Valorant updates, you need to have TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot enabled on your PC to play. Personally, I have an MSI motherboard (B450 Gaming Plus Max) with a Ryzen 5 3600. So I went into my PC's BIOS and followed a tutorial to make sure I succeeded, but when I enable Secure Boot, my PC doesn't restart; it launches the automatic repair. After several attempts, I managed to enable it once or twice without it crashing (I couldn't tell you how), but when I check in msinfo32, it still shows that it's disabled.
As for other information I can provide, my PC was on Windows 10 when the problem occurred, but I switched to Windows 11 thinking it would solve the problem. My BIOS is updated, and I'm definitely on UEFI. I've tried disabling VBS, but that doesn't work. I also contacted MSI, and they told me that my card might be defective; however, I have other friends with MSI who have had the same problem, and I must admit I don't want to pay a lot for a fix that I could potentially resolve myself.
Thanks for your help, and I wish you a pleasant day! Best regards
3 answers
-
So, is secure boot ENABLED in the BIOS?
Can you post a screenshot of this PowerShell command:
Get-DiskTo see if you are in MBR or GPT
-
-
-
@mitsuyaa
Thank you,
in the BIOS, what mode is secure boot in?
Standard or custom.
Just try changing the mode without touching any other settings.
-
@steph810
I tried both modes, but neither works; it just resets to automatic repair.
-
@mitsuyaa
in the BIOS again, setting boot mode select.
set it to UEFI and not legacy+UEFI
For example, in my case I can set it to UEFI but with legacy support; in your case, it just needs to be UEFI and disable that legacy support.
After that, I don't know what it's like.
-
-
-
Hello,
You activated it as follows:
https://fr.msi.com/blog/How-to-Enable-TPM-on-MSI-Motherboards-Featuring-TPM-2-0
If you have Windows started, open Powershell and enter this command:
Get-TpmIn the start menu, launch
tpm.mscTake screenshots and post them here.
Thank you





