Controller reset issue

Solved

Hello, I'm new to the forum. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Let me explain my problem: yesterday I bought a game controller.

I plugged it in and installed the driver, then I tested a few games, and everything worked perfectly.

This morning, while playing FF7 Remake, I noticed that the right stick has a slight continuous rotation. I turned off the game, opened the game controller menu, clicked on reset and then calibration. I went through the calibration steps, but it didn't work; the slight rotation is still there. I went to read forums about controller issues and found a solution: reset the controller using a small button in a tiny hole at the back of the controller (the reset button). I pressed it with a paper clip for 10 seconds, and the controller turned off.

Now it's impossible to turn it back on; it's not recognized in my devices. When I plug it into a USB port, I don't hear the connection sound. I tested all the ports, even those where my mouse and keyboard, which work perfectly, are connected. I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, but nothing....

I think I broke a brand new controller T_T

So that's my problem; if someone knows about this....

Thanks again.


7 answers

  1. It was good, whoohoo it's working again, the USB is just for power, and I made the controller detected via Bluetooth.

    Thanks again Steph, you're the only one who replied.

    Okay, I'm finally going back to FF7 Remake :)

    0
    1. Still no .txt file and this PowerShell response that seems to be the same.

      At line character: 1: 217
      + ... ConfigManagerErrorCode,Errortext,Present,Status,StatusInfo,caption }
      + ~
      Unexpected token “}” in the expression or statement.
      + CategoryInfo : ParserError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken

      However, I have new information, I connected the controller to a tablet charger, now it turns on, but still not recognized, no USB sound when I plug it in, so I wonder if the USB cable is just a charging cable and the controller should connect via Bluetooth.

      I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it but still nothing.

      0
      1. OK error of }.

         Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_PnpEntity -ComputerName localhost -Namespace Root\CIMV2 | Where-Object {$_.ConfigManagerErrorCode -gt 0 } | Select-Object ConfigManagerErrorCode,Errortext,Present,Status,StatusInfo,caption | Out-File -Append ~\Desktop\drivererrors.txt
        0
    2. I don't have a .txt file that appears, but Windows PowerShell responds with this.

      At line:1 char: 217
      + ... anagerErrorCode,Errortext,Present,Status,StatusInfo,caption } | Out-F ...
      +                                                                 ~
      Unexpected token ‘}’ in expression or statement.
      At line:1 char: 219
      + ... agerErrorCode,Errortext,Present,Status,StatusInfo,caption } | Out-Fil ...
      +                                                                 ~
      An empty pipeline element is not allowed.
          + CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
          + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken

      0
      1. And without output file:

         Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_PnpEntity -ComputerName localhost -Namespace Root\CIMV2 | Where-Object {$_.ConfigManagerErrorCode -gt 0 } | Select-Object ConfigManagerErrorCode,Errortext,Present,Status,StatusInfo,caption }
        0
    3. Plug in the controller, then open powershell and enter this command: copy paste

       Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_PnpEntity -ComputerName localhost -Namespace Root\CIMV2 | Where-Object {$_.ConfigManagerErrorCode -gt 0 } | Select-Object ConfigManagerErrorCode,Errortext,Present,Status,StatusInfo,caption } | Out-File -Append ~\Desktop\drivererror.txt

      A file named drivererror.txt will be on the desktop, please share it or take a screenshot of the result.

      Next, also execute this one.

       msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic
      0
      1. it's a wireless Alpha Omega Players controller for PC and PS3

        0
        1. uh yeah indeed I misspoke, it's after resetting the controller that the PC doesn't even recognize it anymore.

          0
          1. Hello,

            Controller model please??

            0
          2. Contributor

            Whatever, back to the seller.

            0
        2. Contributor

          Hello

          Yesterday I bought a game controller.

          Well, return it for warranty service since it's new.

          Simply, you don't specify how it broke down.


          Signature
          Waiting for other responses; I'm attracting trolls....

          0