Contrôleur hôte compatible XHCI USB (code 10)

Solved
I've had this problem for a few days that prevents me from connecting any USB cable to any USB port on my motherboard and on the front of the case.

I've tried everything to fix the issue:
- Updating the PC;
- Installing all sorts of drivers;
- Switching to Windows 11;
- Resetting the PC by reinstalling Windows;
- Removing the battery from the motherboard;

I think that's everything.

I still have access to the PC thanks to a keyboard plugged in via PS/2, but I don't have a mouse, so you can imagine the hell of doing all this.

I'm somewhat desperate; I was wondering if changing the motherboard might be a solution? (which I don't mind since it's not great).

Here's my configuration (desktop PC):
- Intel I7-10700
- RTX 3080Fe
- Asus TUF Gaming b460-plus
- 16GB RAM 2666MHz Hyper X
- bequiet 850W Straight Power 11

I would be really happy if you could help me solve this problem! Thanks to those who take the time to assist me.

PS: By the way, I know a lot of people have this problem on the internet, from what I've seen, but all the forums and videos available online don't help me.

38 answers

  1. Hello

    But hey, I'm determined to change the motherboard. :)

    So, change the motherboard :)

    See you later

    --
    The radiation level is higher at the job center than at Chernobyl.
    1. No, actually I can't install from a USB stick because I don't have a DVD drive. But I'm determined to change the motherboard. :)
      1. re

        if the PC is equipped with a CD-ROM drive, you can install Windows

        for the weight in GB of W10, you need to see if it fits on a "standard" 4.7GB DVD, or if you need a 9GB double layer DVD

        PS: I don’t know if it can work with a USB stick considering the issues you're having with the USB ports

        @+

        --
        the radiation level is higher at the unemployment office than at Chernobyl
        1. re

          haven't you tested a "clean install" of Windows on the PC?

          @+

          --
          the radiation level is higher at the employment center than at Chernobyl
          1. I can't access the BIOS since I don't have a keyboard; well, with the PS/2 it works but I can't do anything to "reactivate" the USB ports, at least I haven't found anything.
            1. re

              now, there is the BIOS in addition to the USB ports...

              indeed, the motherboard of the PC may have 1 issue

              see you later

              --
              the radiation level is higher at the employment office than at Chernobyl
              1. When I turn on the PC with no storage connected to it, the USB ports remain unusable and the BIOS as well.
                1. hi

                  the drivers are not the same from one PC to another, and what works on one PC doesn't necessarily work on another

                  the fact that you install Windows on one PC, and then put the SSD in question into another PC doesn't prove that the problem comes from the motherboard

                  see you later

                  --
                  the radiation level is higher at the unemployment office than at Chernobyl
                  1. I installed Windows on a brand new SSD on another PC, and once the SSD was installed in the problematic PC, the keyboard, mouse, and everything USB are not recognized. So the problem definitely comes from the motherboard.
                    1. re

                      in this case, it is clear that it is the device that is faulty/alert

                      @+

                      --
                      the radiation level is higher at the employment center than in Chernobyl
                      1. So there's no chance it could be coming from the motherboard?
                        1. re

                          but do you think this repair will work?

                          either you repair Windows without data loss

                          or you reinstall Windows from scratch

                          in the current case, you have no other solutions

                          @+

                          --
                          the radiation level is higher at the unemployment office than at Chernobyl
                          1. I already opted for the Windows reinstallation while keeping personal files, and it didn't change anything, so now the few important data I have, yes, but do you think this repair will work?
                            1. re

                              after Diskpart, type 2 X exit + Enter

                              PS: you have only one partition

                              I don't know if you have any data to back up

                              otherwise, you can repair Windows without losing data -- > click here

                              PS: I don't know if you want to keep W11, or reinstall W10?

                              @+

                              --
                              the radiation level is higher at the employment center than at Chernobyl
                              1. re

                                do this:

                                in search, type CMD and click on run as administrator

                                in the command prompt, type

                                diskpart + Enter

                                list disk + Enter

                                step 1 screenshot

                                @+

                                --
                                the radiation level is higher at the unemployment office than in Chernobyl
                                • 1
                                • 2