Captvty is causing issues

Solved
Hello, only Arté works on Captvty, for the other channels it's impossible to get a download
thanks to everyone

Configuration: Windows / Firefox 97.0

36 answers

  1. Sure, anything is possible

    thank you for the time spent, maybe see you later for another issue

    Have a good week
    0
    1. Contributor
      This phenomenon is very strange... There are still millions of people using this software successfully... There must be a reason that escapes us..? Or they are not telling us everything...??
      Or it's you who is enchanted..?? Or you are recognized somewhere on social media...
      0
      1. Hi, yesterday I went to a friend's house with my laptop. My friend is connected to the fiber network
        his provider is SFR
        we connected the laptop to his network as soon as it was connected & we launched Captvty and the same problem occurred: only channel 7
        is usable

        to try on his desktop PC which uses Windows 7, we downloaded Captvty, installed it
        once installed we launched it and once again the same problem: only channels 7, LCP, P. SENAT, CNEWS, GUILLI work
        it's really a problem, I'm going to give up everything.
        0
        1. Contributor
          I will explain later... but to see the menus in the box, you need to log in from your "web browser" by typing its IP number in the address bar. You type 192.168.1.1 and validate, you have the home screen of your BOX...
          You should already be able to view some information about your connection...
          To go further and log in to the BOX, click on "Advanced" and go to the username field and type: admin then you need the password, normally a help popup will appear to indicate where the password is...
          And after that, you will be able to explore the menus of the BOX... and even look for the DNS...

          I just read that this change is not possible on the LB2 ZTE... and also that this BOX would be obsolete

          So if this is verified, you will only be able to change the DNS on your PC..

          But you could also check with Orange to have them replace your BOX with a more recent model... And if luck is on your side, your TV problems might get resolved at the same time..

          You can try these manipulations, they will be similar on another LiveBox... and on other BOXes as well.
          0
          1. I haven't had the chance to try the phone elsewhere

            for Twonki no problem. it works perfectly version 6.0.39 Servilo to try

            for the DNS in the box I don't know how to do it Livebox 2 zte
            0
            1. Hello, first question: on the desktop PC, I had two connections, while on the laptop I only have one Wi-Fi connection.

              For the TV, brand Philips with Wi-Fi and Ethernet cable, I send my videos using a media server (Twonki media).
              If there's another option, I'm interested.

              For the DNS, I changed it on the PC's local network connection; I set Google DNS IPv4 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

              Regarding the blockage, I think like you, yes, but what's the reason? I've never had an issue with Orange, a customer for over
              15 years for the internet, 55 years for the phone.

              Have a good day.
              0
              1. Contributor
                So, did you go to someone else's place with your laptop..?? And is the problem the same..?? Or does everything work..?

                So, the Twonki media server, that's not very new... maybe it doesn't work anymore..?? Which version..??

                You changed the DNS on the PC, it would be good to check in the LiveBOX... are you able to do that..?? If not, I can guide you... what's the exact model..?
                0
            2. Contributor
              try this laptop in another house, at someone else's place..?? for verification.

              -- In your POST 24, you had two connections, one Ethernet and one wifi..?? and now you're saying Wifi only..??

              -- To send videos to a TV, you don’t need to have the Television/internet option...

              -- What brand ...AND ...what model is your TV..?

              -- Where did you change your DNS...?? on your PC or in your BOX... and what DNS did you set..?

              -- Anyway, it seems that the TV signals are blocked before they reach your house..? There must be a good reason for that..??
              0
              1. Hello, on my internet connection I don’t have the television option

                I got a laptop with Windows 7, I installed Captvty, and it is connected to the internet via Wi-Fi

                I launched Captvty and the same problem, I can record some channels but not 2, 3, 5

                I changed the DNS but it’s still the same

                The mystery

                Have a good Sunday
                0
                1. Contributor
                  Normally, you don't need a Wi-Fi key on your PC to connect it to your TV...

                  If I understand correctly, your TV is connected via Wi-Fi... You need to connect it to your router with the Wi-Fi key of the router...

                  Your PC is connected to the router via an Ethernet cable...

                  So the connection goes from the PC to the router on the local IP 20, then continues via the router's Wi-Fi to your TV on your TV's IP

                  It's the router that does the routing..
                  0
                  1. Contributor
                    I'm still here on the subject. I'm surprised you can't install MalwareBytes; personally, I have Windows 7 Pro and it installs fine on that... This must also be due to something on your PC that's blocking several things...

                    One idea is that these protection and camouflage tunnel software assign you an external IP that isn't from France... with that, your TV won't work because it's reserved for French IPs...

                    You have two virtual network cards: "FreedomeVPNConnectionÿ:" and "Freedome Wintun Userspace Tunnel" that should be completely uninstalled... Then restart the PC

                    You could go to this site https://www.whatismyip.com/, it will tell you your external IP number and also your geographic location... DO NOT SHARE THIS NUMBER ON THE INTERNET... but you'll see if it corresponds to your city or not...
                    You can also see what's indicated next to ISP, for example; ISP: SFR SA or ISP: ORANGE in your case... is that correct?
                    0
                    1. Yes, I do have a Wi-Fi key; it allows me to communicate with my TV and view the media installed on the PC.
                      I took it out, but nothing changed regarding the problem.
                      I have 2 Windows 7 versions on the PC on 2 different hard drives; I can't get rid of them. If I remove disk 1 or disk 2, nothing works anymore; it seems they are linked.
                      I installed a VPN a long time ago and uninstalled it shortly after with Revo Uninstaller Pro. Later, I installed a new VPN that I still have, which is only active for sensitive data; for Captvty, it is not activated.
                      Malwarebytes refuses to install; Windows 7 might not be up to date.
                      I will try to borrow a laptop to see if the problem persists.
                      Thank you for the time spent on this issue.
                      Have a good evening.
                      0
                      1. Contributor
                        OK thanks for this reading, it's exactly what I wanted to see.

                        So, if I understand correctly, you have two systems connected to this PC... In my opinion, that's not good.

                        You have a USB adapter "USB-2 key" Realtek RTL8187B ---- IP 21
                        And another Ethernet card Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 --- IP 20 which must be internal to your PC.

                        Both are active on "home," one with IP 20 and the other 21... I don't know what you're doing with that..?? but in my opinion, there is one too many... Ethernet is more efficient... so you should disable Wi-Fi... It's one or the other.

                        Furthermore, I believe you have installed a VPN on this PC; it doesn't seem to be active... but you probably installed the corresponding software even if it has been uninstalled since, probably poorly uninstalled or incompletely...

                        What you're experiencing corresponds exactly to the mission of this kind of software... so, explain... what is the current status of this VPN.. It's probably filtering your video and blocking the images... Or your ISP has detected the VPN..??

                        You should clean it up with Malwarebytes https://www.malwarebytes.com/ download free install and run the cleanup..
                        here’s a tutorial https://generationcloud.fr/post/tutoriel-malwarebytes-windows-10

                        If necessary, we will then discuss changing the DNS.
                        0
                        1. Hello, I am going to proceed with the cmd line copy etc;
                          see the result, I must admit that this exceeds my knowledge
                          Thank you for your help

                          Windows IP Configuration

                          Host Name . . . . . . . . . . : truc1-PC
                          Primary DNS Suffix . . . . . . :
                          Node Type. . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
                          IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . : No
                          WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . : No
                          DNS Suffix Search List.: home

                          Unknown Network Card FreedomeVPNConnectionÿ:

                          Media Status. . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
                          DNS Suffix . . . . . . . . . . . :
                          Description. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Freedome Wintun Userspace Tunnel #2
                          Physical Address . . . . . . . . . . . :
                          DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : No
                          Automatic Private IP Addressing enabled. . . : Yes

                          Unknown Network Card Local Area Connection 2ÿ:

                          Media Status. . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
                          DNS Suffix . . . . . . . . . . . :
                          Description. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Freedome Wintun Userspace Tunnel
                          Physical Address . . . . . . . . . . . :
                          DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : No
                          Automatic Private IP Addressing enabled. . . : Yes

                          Wireless Network Card Wireless Network Connectionÿ:

                          DNS Suffix . . . . . . . . . . . : home
                          Description. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : USBÿ2.0 Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54ÿMbps Network Adapter
                          Physical Address . . . . . . . . . . . : 00-14-D1-5E-E4-74
                          DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
                          Automatic Private IP Addressing enabled. . . : Yes
                          Link-local IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . .: fe80::a178:a7e5:41a7:17b%12(preferred)
                          IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . . . .: 192.168.1.21(preferred)
                          Subnet Mask. . . . . . . . .ÿ. . . . . : 255.255.255.0
                          Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . .ÿ. . . . . : Monday, March 14, 2022 3:59:24 PM
                          Lease Expires. . . . . . . . .ÿ. . . . : Tuesday, March 15, 2022 3:59:24 PM
                          Default Gateway. . . .ÿ. . . . . : 192.168.1.1
                          DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
                          DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 218109137
                          DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-27-DF-BD-45-90-E6-BA-A2-A2-20
                          DNS Servers. . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
                          192.168.1.1
                          NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . . . . : Enabled

                          Ethernet Card Local Area Connection :

                          DNS Suffix . . . . . . . . . . . : home
                          Description. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller(NDIS6.20)
                          Physical Address . . . . . . . . . . . : 90-E6-BA-A2-A2-20
                          DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
                          Automatic Private IP Addressing enabled. . . : Yes
                          Link-local IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . .: fe80::3d7d:35fe:5b78:346%11(preferred)
                          IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . . . .: 192.168.1.20(preferred)
                          Subnet Mask. . . . . . . . .ÿ. . . . . : 255.255.255.0
                          Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . .ÿ. . . . . : Monday, March 14, 2022 3:59:23 PM
                          Lease Expires. . . . . . . . .ÿ. . . . : Tuesday, March 15, 2022 3:59:23 PM
                          Default Gateway. . . .ÿ. . . . . : 192.168.1.1
                          DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
                          DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 244377274
                          DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-27-DF-BD-45-90-E6-BA-A2-A2-20
                          DNS Servers. . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
                          192.168.1.1
                          NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . . . . : Enabled

                          Tunnel Card Reusable ISATAP Interface {B8EFC54E-0E6F-4262-B8DC-884E9F6CA923} :

                          Media Status. . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
                          DNS Suffix . . . . . . . . . . . :
                          Description. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
                          Physical Address . . . . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
                          DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : No
                          Automatic Private IP Addressing enabled. . . : Yes

                          Tunnel Card isatap.{E4543B33-B165-4D6A-9331-8E36D3D54C5E} :

                          Media Status. . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
                          DNS Suffix . . . . . . . . . . . :
                          Description. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
                          Physical Address . . . . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
                          DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : No
                          Automatic Private IP Addressing enabled. . . : Yes

                          Tunnel Card isatap.home :

                          Media Status. . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
                          DNS Suffix . . . . . . . . . . . : home
                          Description. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3
                          Physical Address . . . . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
                          DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : No
                          Automatic Private IP Addressing enabled. . . : Yes

                          Tunnel Card isatap.{277E1F5A-1F81-4565-A431-8A4EBAB6B0D2} :

                          Media Status. . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
                          DNS Suffix . . . . . . . . . . . :
                          Description. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #4
                          Physical Address . . . . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
                          DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : No
                          Automatic Private IP Addressing enabled. . . : Yes
                          0
                          1. Contributor
                            Another thing you could do: It would be to change DNS1 and DNS2,
                            First, you need to know which one you are currently using... For that, copy the command line below and place it in a DOS window... OK

                            cmd /k ipconfig/all > ipconfig.txt & notepad.exe ipconfig.txt

                            It will output a text and you paste it here in full..
                            0
                            1. Contributor
                              Alright... it remains mysterious... I suggest you completely uninstall your Captivity with "Revo Uninstaller" https://www.commentcamarche.net/telecharger/utilitaires/19405-revo-uninstaller/

                              Carefully read the instructions, there's an Advanced Scan to perform after the uninstall...
                              Restart your PC.... Then download Captvty http://captvty.fr/ and install it on your PC..
                              Restart your PC again... and try it...
                              0
                              1. Hello, I am reinstalling Windows 7 on an SSD and Captyty, which hadn't worked for a long time,

                                has started functioning normally again.

                                The mysteries of computing, thanks again to those who tried to help me.

                                Best regards

                                0
                            2. I set VLC as the default player but it hasn't changed anything.
                              0
                              1. The 3 videos mentioned, I was able to watch them without any problem

                                As I specified, the only channels I cannot record are 2, 3, 5 and I cannot watch them
                                All the others are accessible except for those that are blocked by the DRM

                                No new software, no PC cleaning

                                Here's the text from the window that opens when I try to record

                                (Unable to access this content as it has not yet been published or is not available in your country or from the Internet service provider to which you are currently connected.)

                                Everything was working fine 2 or 3 weeks ago
                                0
                                1. Contributor
                                  Yes, but we must not confuse everything... since you lack precision in your text... It’s very possible that the channel you want to record...(???) is not authorized... so you need to try another one, to see if this is true for all channels..?? or just some..??

                                  -- What you can read is not the details, but a summary of the movie... and it matches well with the movie and the schedule and the channel... So all that's missing is the video... Which is quite strange... since this PC should have worked with Captivity some time ago...?? So, what has changed..?? what have you done on this PC, a devastating cleaning perhaps.?

                                  -- It seems that the "Codecs" are missing... on this PC...

                                  -- Are you able to play movies on this PC..?? video files... or YouTube for example.
                                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVFjARJTjoU
                                  https://www.allocine.fr/video/player_gen_cmedia=19563900&cfilm=236312.html?jwsource=cl

                                  Try to view these two kinds of videos

                                  Go to this site and watch the video..?? does it work..?
                                  https://www.france.tv/france-2/n-oubliez-pas-les-paroles/3126581-emission-du-vendredi-11-mars-2022.html

                                  I suspect that Captivity is not the issue.. But your PC that doesn't have what it takes for the videos.?
                                  0
                                  • 1
                                  • 2