Cancel default opening program

Hello
I would like to cancel the default open program for WinRAR because unfortunately I clicked too quickly on "always open with Internet Explorer" yesterday
So now all my files have the "E" icon for Explorer and are unusable for what I want to do

I hope you can help me

Thank you

6 answers

  1. Moderator
    Second suggestion:
    Download and install --> Revo Uninstaller
    Run it as administrator
    Uninstall Winrar
    Follow the tutorial closely to uninstall everything properly, including leftover files and registry keys.
    For the residual scan, check advanced mode.
    Restart the PC.

    Reinstall Winrar.

    --
    Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
    0
    1. Moderator
      Try the second proposal.

      --
      Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
      0
      1. Moderator
        Hello,

        Press Windows + R
        Type --> regedit.exe and OK.

        Follow this path:
        HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
        Explorer\FileExts

        Locate the extension --> .rpf
        In subfolders, delete --> UserChoice
        Close the registry
        Restart the PC.

        If the problem persists, download and install --> Revo Uninstaller
        Run it as administrator
        Uninstall WinRAR
        Follow the tutorial carefully to uninstall everything cleanly, including residual folders and keys.
        For the residual scan, check advanced mode.
        Restart the PC.

        Reinstall WinRAR.

        0
        1. I did everything you said but I get stuck right after the .rpf extension at "subfolders", I don't see User Choice

          Sorry, I'm a beginner on the PC, I don't know much

          0
      2. Hello,
        To disable startup programs in Windows, do the following:

        Right-click on the taskbar (at the bottom)
        Task Manager.
        In the window, click on Startup.
        Next to the software or application in question, right-click on its status and then disable

        foulq.
        It's crazy how many people ask for help and don't know how to say thank you.

        Windows 10, Brave.</signature>
        0
        1. Thank you for your quick response
          I did what you said, but when I arrived at "startup," the application or software "WinRAR" in question is not there.
          0
        2. @foulqActually, I'm not sure if my question is good. I am adding the two photos to show what I would like to change. The first one is currently the problem I am experiencing because I clicked on "Open with Explorer," and the second photo is the original one that I would like to restore. You can clearly see that the two icons have changed.



          0