What is this Cache.db file?
Hello,
I am currently running a combo cleaner cleaning, which removes my duplicates. I have 41 Cache.db folders.
Should I delete them all? What do they correspond to?
Thank you for your help!
Sylvie G.
Configuration: Macintosh / Safari 12.1.2
I am currently running a combo cleaner cleaning, which removes my duplicates. I have 41 Cache.db folders.
Should I delete them all? What do they correspond to?
Thank you for your help!
Sylvie G.
Configuration: Macintosh / Safari 12.1.2
3 answers
-
Hello,
I don't know "combo cleaner" and I am wary of all these untested applications that often cause a lot of trouble on the Mac.
See this folder where good advice is given.
As for recovering lost folders, if you know their names, you can try:
Francis List:
Stellar:
https://www.stellarinfo.com/fr/mac-recuperation-de-donnees.php
https://www.stellarinfo.com/fr/macintosh/
https://www.macintosh-data-recovery.com/recuperation-donnees-mac.php
Data Rescue:
https://www.prosofteng.com/mac-data-recovery/
https://www.tri-edre.com/download/download/datarescue.html
FileSalvage:
https://www.subrosasoft.com/product/filesalvage/
Data Recovery for Mac
https://recoverit.wondershare.com/data-recovery-mac.html
Boomerang
http://www.boomdrs.com/index-mac.html
RecoverData
https://recoverdatatools.com/mac-data-recovery-software.html
Disk Doctor Mac Data Recovery
http://www.diskdoctors.net/mac-Data-Recovery-Software
Data Recovery Wizard EaseUS: (there is a free version but limited to 2GB)
https://www.easeus.fr/logiciel-recuperation-donnees/?page=mac
Free, but not user-friendly:
PhotoRec-Test Disk
https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec_FR
https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec_Etape_par_Etape
Good luck.
--
When it's urgent, it's already too late (Talleyrand)
When everything has failed, read the manual ;)