Using Rufus Windows ISO
Bonjour,
I bought a configuration and I don't want to pay the overpriced Windows license + key, so I tried to create a bootable key but an error appears. I decided to use Rufus with a disk image.
The problem is that many settings are required such as partition scheme, file system, and allocation size, but I don’t know what to choose.
I would like Windows to be installed on the M.2 SSD and not on the HDD, please explain how to do that.
Here is the reference of the SSD: Western Digital WD Green SSD, 120 Go, M.2 (Type 2280)
Thank you in advance.
I bought a configuration and I don't want to pay the overpriced Windows license + key, so I tried to create a bootable key but an error appears. I decided to use Rufus with a disk image.
The problem is that many settings are required such as partition scheme, file system, and allocation size, but I don’t know what to choose.
I would like Windows to be installed on the M.2 SSD and not on the HDD, please explain how to do that.
Here is the reference of the SSD: Western Digital WD Green SSD, 120 Go, M.2 (Type 2280)
Thank you in advance.
2 answers
-
ModeratorHello,
You need to select GPT as the file type on Rufus if your computer is recent.
Nothing too complicated, just follow these instructions to create the USB drive.
See the explanations on this page: https://www.malekal.com/creer-cle-usb-bootable-installation-windows/
But Microsoft has its own tool to create a Windows 10 installation USB, which is much simpler.
Follow this tutorial that explains how to install Windows 10: how to install Windows 10.
All steps are provided from A to Z with tips at the end to secure Windows 10.
The steps are basically:- Create a USB drive using Media Creation Tool: https://www.malekal.com/windows-10-media-creation-tool/
- Boot from it by changing the boot sequence and selecting the USB drive or DVD: How to boot the computer from USB drive
If the USB drive doesn't work, try creating another one with Rufus: how to download Rufus - see this tutorial for details: how to create a Windows installation USB drive- Let yourself be guided to install Windows 10.
- Choose customize (not upgrade)
- During the partition phase, create the main partition and click next.
- Follow the Windows installation procedure using the tutorial above.
Once Windows is installed, I recommend following these tips to configure and use Windows properly: Tips after reinstalling Windows.