Antenna cable length issue

Hello,
how is it that with a 1.5m cable I receive the TNT perfectly, but when I use a 10m cable (to position the television elsewhere) I no longer have an image, I get a message: weak or no signal.
Does the length of the cable affect reception?
How can I remedy this?

Configuration: Windows / Chrome 58.0.3029.110

2 answers

  1. Moderator
    Do you have several TVs on the same antenna? Individual? Collective?

    --
    I call a spade a spade *
    *in French in the text
    5
    1. It's a small condominium, the antenna is only for us, the rest of the "apartments" are offices. There are 4 antenna sockets in the apartment in total, but for now only one TV is connected.
      0
    2. Moderator
      If it’s a collective antenna, there might already be a pre-amplifier; adding another one could be catastrophic.
      As Papounet said, make your own extension with just the necessary length and with a good cable, preferably 17dB / 100 meters.
      0
  2. Hi,

    Avoid off-the-shelf extensions.
    If you want a real antenna cable that will have practically no loss over 10 meters, make it yourself.
    You need shielded cable with foil.
    The connectors you use on it must also be of good quality and not cheap.
    0
    1. Thank you.
      I just tested the cable on another TV, and it works. So the problem would come from the television; to what extent? Could a television also produce resistance?
      0
    2. Moderator
      Hello,
      Sensitivity of the tuner "in the socks"
      0
    3. @Andy31200I heard about a TNT amplifier, could it solve the problem?
      0