GLPI installation issue

Hello! Hello everyone, so I have a slight problem with the installation of GLPI on my Ubuntu 16.04. Basically, I've followed the installation to the letter (except for php5 which I took from the old dead GLPI server). So, if anyone has a starting point because I've tried a lot of things, thank you :) :
Here are some file copies:

GLPI.conf
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName glpi.local.fr
ServerAlias glpi

DocumentRoot /var/www/glpi
<Directory /var/www/glpi>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny
allow from all
AuthType Basic
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

-On Apache the site is well enabled, I created the SQL table, granted permissions to the glpi folder so that Apache has the rights to modify it, installed the dependencies, changed the limit in the file to 128m, but I cannot access the GLPI installation. If anyone has an idea or even a starting point, I'm all ears and thanks for taking the time to read ;)

6 answers

  1. What do you have in the file etc/network/interfaces?

    --
    Words fly away, writings remain.
    0
    1. I have:
      auto lo
      iface lo inet loopback and then my IP mask...etc

      And sorry for the delay :/
      0
    2. I can ping 127.0.0.1.
      0
    3. Thanks, that's really cool! I had looked at a lot of it in the Ubuntu doc, but I had stopped at the installation anyway. Today is the end of my internship, but I appreciate you helping me. Good luck!
      PS: If I find the solution, I'll post it on the forum (when I do another internship ;) ). In the meantime, thanks!
      0
  2. And if you run a
    service /etc/init.d/apache2 status

    What does it tell you?

    Also, check the log file called error.log in /var/log/apache2
    And send what it says.
    --
    Words fly away, but writings remain.
    0
    1. So for the status:
      etc-init.d-apache2.service.mount
      Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
      Active: inactive (dead)

      And for error.log (sorry I have to type everything so I'm not going to include all the resuming normal operations):
      [Fri Feb 17 09:12:42.516517 2017] [mpm_event:notice] [pid 1053:tid 140018350831488] AH00491: caught SIGTERM, shutting down

      After that I have:
      Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1.
      0
    2. At worst, a snapshot was taken yesterday. I'll revert to the version that worked (well, everything except GLPI :( ). I'll be back when it's done, and thanks for the help!
      0
  3. Try restarting the service.
    It seems to me that the command is

    service /etc/init.d/apache2 restart


    --
    Spoken words fly away, written words remain.
    0
    1. Here's what it says:
      Failed to restart etc-init.-apache2.service.mount: Unit etc-init.d-apache2.service.mount not found

      But I don't understand anything, yesterday Apache was working and now everything is crashing, this is great :D
      0
  4. And when you type just http://localhost/ what do you get?
    --
    Words fade away, writings remain.
    0
    1. Before, I stumbled upon the default Apache page and now there's nothing.
      0
    2. I just saw that by typing the server address on my PC I got this:
      /*
      • @version $Id$

      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      GLPI - Free IT Asset Management
      Copyright (C) 2015-2016 Teclib'.

      http://glpi-project.org

      based on GLPI - Free IT Asset Management
      Copyright (C) 2003-2014 by the INDEPNET Development Team.

      -------------------------------------------------------------------------

      LICENSE

      This file is part of GLPI.

      GLPI is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
      it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
      the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
      (at your option) any later version.

      GLPI is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
      but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
      MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
      GNU General Public License for more details.

      You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
      along with GLPI. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
      • /


      /** @file
      • @brief
      • /


      // Check PHP version not to have trouble
      if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, "5.4.0") < 0) {
      die("PHP >= 5.4.0 required");
      }

      define('DO_NOT_CHECK_HTTP_REFERER', 1);
      // If config_db doesn't exist -> start installation
      define('GLPI_ROOT', dirname(__FILE__));
      include (GLPI_ROOT . "/config/based_config.php");

      if (!file_exists(GLPI_CONFIG_DIR . "/config_db.php")) {
      include_once (GLPI_ROOT . "/inc/autoload.function.php");
      Html::redirect("install/install.php");
      die();

      } else {
      $TRY_OLD_CONFIG_FIRST = true;
      include (GLPI_ROOT . "/inc/includes.php");
      $_SESSION["glpicookietest"] = 'testcookie';

      // For compatibility reason
      if (isset($_GET["noCAS"])) {
      $_GET["noAUTO"] = $_GET["noCAS"];
      }

      Auth::checkAlternateAuthSystems(true, isset($_GET["redirect"])?$_GET["redirect"]:"");

      // Send UTF8 Headers
      header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8");

      // Start the page
      echo '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" '.
      '"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">'."\n";
      echo '<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="fr" lang="fr">';
      echo '<head><title>'.__('GLPI - Authentication').'</title>'."\n";
      echo '<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>'."\n";
      echo '<meta http-equiv="Content-Script-Type" content="text/javascript"/>'."\n";
      echo "<meta http-equiv=\"X-UA-Compatible\" content=\"IE=edge\">\n";
      echo '<link rel="shortcut icon" type="images/x-icon" href="'.$CFG_GLPI["root_doc"].
      '/pics/favicon.ico" />';

      // auto desktop / mobile viewport
      echo "<meta name='viewport' content='width=device-width, initial-scale=1'>";

      // Appel CSS
      echo '<link rel="stylesheet" href="'.$CFG_GLPI["root_doc"].'/css/styles.css" type="text/css" '.
      'media="screen" />';
      // CSS theme link
      echo Html::css($CFG_GLPI["root_doc"]."/css/palettes/".$CFG_GLPI["palette"].".css");
      // surcharge CSS hack for IE
      echo "<!--[if lte IE 6]>" ;
      echo "<link rel='stylesheet' href='".$CFG_GLPI["root_doc"]."/css/styles_ie.css' type='text/css' ".
      "media='screen' >\n";
      echo "<![endif]-->";
      // echo "<script type='text/javascript'><!--document.getElementById('var_login_name').focus();-->".
      // "</script>";

      echo "</head>";

      echo "<body>";
      echo "<div id='firstboxlogin'>";
      echo "<div id='logo_login'></div>";
      echo "<div id='text-login'>";
      echo nl2br(Toolbox::unclean_html_cross_side_scripting_deep($CFG_GLPI['text_login']));
      echo "</div>";

      echo "<div id='boxlogin'>";
      echo "<form action='".$CFG_GLPI["root_doc"]."/front/login.php' method='post'>";

      $_SESSION['namfield'] = $namfield = uniqid('fielda');
      $_SESSION['pwdfield'] = $pwdfield = uniqid('fieldb');

      // Other CAS
      if (isset($_GET["noAUTO"])) {
      echo "<input type='hidden' name='noAUTO' value='1' />";
      }
      // redirect to ticket
      if (isset($_GET["redirect"])) {
      Toolbox::manageRedirect($_GET["redirect"]);
      echo '<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="'.$_GET['redirect'].'"/>';
      }
      echo '<p class="login_input">
      <input type="text" name="'.$namfield.'" id="login_name" required="required"
      placeholder="'.__('Login').'" />
      <span class="login_img"></span>
      </p>';
      echo '<p class="login_input">
      <input type="password" name="'.$pwdfield.'" id="login_password" required="required"
      placeholder="'.__('Password').'" />
      <span class="login_img"></span>
      </p>';
      echo '<p class="login_input">
      <input type="submit" name="submit" value="'._sx('button','Post').'" class="submit" />
      </p>';

      if ($CFG_GLPI["use_mailing"]
      && countElementsInTable('glpi_notifications',
      "`itemtype`='User'
      AND `event`='passwordforget'
      AND `is_active`=1")) {
      echo '<a id="forget" href="front/lostpassword.php?lostpassword=1" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">'.
      __('Forgotten password?').'</a>';
      }
      Html::closeForm();

      echo "<script type='text/javascript' >\n";
      echo "document.getElementById('login_name').focus();";
      echo "</script>";

      echo "</div>"; // end login box

      echo "<div class='error'>";
      echo "<noscript><p>";
      _e('You must activate the JavaScript function of your browser');
      echo "</p></noscript>";

      if (isset($_GET['error']) && isset($_GET['redirect'])) {
      switch ($_GET['error']) {
      case 1 : // cookie error
      _e('You must accept cookies to reach this application');
      break;

      case 2 : // GLPI_SESSION_DIR not writable
      _e('Checking write permissions for session files');
      break;

      case 3 :
      _e('Invalid use of session ID');
      break;
      }
      }
      echo "</div>";

      // Display FAQ is enable
      if ($CFG_GLPI["use_public_faq"]) {
      echo '<div id="box-faq">'.
      '<a href="front/helpdesk.faq.php" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">[ '.__('Access to the Frequently Asked Questions').' ]';
      echo '</a></div>';
      }

      echo "<div id='display-login'>";
      Plugin::doHook('display_login');
      echo "</div>";

      echo "</div>"; // end contenu login

      if (GLPI_DEMO_MODE) {
      echo "<div class='center'>";
      Event::getCountLogin();
      echo "</div>";
      }
      echo "<div id='footer-login'>" . Html::getCopyrightMessage() . "</div>";

      }
      // call cron
      if (!GLPI_DEMO_MODE) {
      CronTask::callCronForce();
      }

      echo "</body></html>";
      ?>
      0
  5. You type http://TONIP/glpi/ well?

    --
    The words fly away, the written words remain.
    0
    1. I type http://localhost/glpi
      0
  6. Can't you access the web interface?

    --
    Words fly away, writings remain.
    0
    1. Basically, that's it; I can't access GLPI or the installation assistant.
      0