Problem with 7zip

Hello, I had a little issue with the 7zip application (and I didn't know which forum to post my question so here it is...). So, I downloaded the 7zip application on Windows 10 and I tried to compress a folder, and by mistake I checked the option to delete the folders after compression and I didn't check the folder where the compressed file landed. I later saw that the file ended up in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ and I can't find it. I read on a forum that I should open it with administrator rights but I don't know how to do that. Can you help me please? Or if it’s impossible for me to find it, please let me know :(

5 answers

  1. Moderator
    I checked "delete folders after compression"

    Uncheck the box --> Delete folders after compression
    In the archive, click on the small square, browse, select the location of your choice, e.g. downloads



    Otherwise, have you tried this option?
    Right-click on the file
    Choose 7Zip
    Select --> Compress to ........zip and send by email
    The human being is at his best when things are at their worst
    0
    1. the window looks like this
      0
      1. Moderator
        I checked to delete the folders after compression

        Where is this option?
        Context menu?

        --
        Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
        0
        1. Once I have selected the file to compress, I right-click and then choose "7zip - Compress and send via email." A window opens with options for compression, and I have checked "Delete files after compression."
          0
      2. Moderator
        You don't have folders with a Zip in system32 or SysWOW64 as shown in this image?

        Right-click on Start
        Control Panel
        File Explorer Options
        View tab
        Check --> Show hidden files, folders, and drives
        Uncheck --> Hide extensions for known file types
        Apply and OK.

        In System32 or SysWOW64, there should be folders with the .zip extension
        See the example image:

        The human being is at its best when things are at their worst.
        0
        1. I have been looking since yesterday but I can't find a file like you showed me either in system32 or in SysWOW64 :(
          0
      3. Moderator
        Hello,

        I saw the compressed file later and it landed in C:\WINDOWS\system32

        Are you sure it's in the system32 folder?

        Have you checked in --> C:\Windows \SysWOW64?

        --
        Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
        1
        1. I'm not 100% sure that the file is in system32, but I tried to compress other files (which are also missing --') and the default destination folder is system32, so I concluded that it was located there as well.
          0